password protection for my EA

Hi,

I have an very good EA and want to sell ist. What possibilities for password protection do I have with the metatrader 4?
Are there any functions on that plattform, so that the metatrader tells me online who uses my EA?

Thank you very much for your answer!

sunshineh:
Are there any functions on that plattform, so that the metatrader tells me online who uses my EA?

No. More info here -> http://lmgtfy.com/?q=site%3Aforum.mql4.com+protect+OR+secure.

sunshineh:
Hi,

I have an very good EA and want to sell ist. What possibilities for password protection do I have with the metatrader 4?

Unfortunately, even the best protected EA are broken within sometime, doesnt matter what kind of protection your using, I usually find all the commerically available EA's free on the internet. I know one developer are hosting the master EA on there server and give the slave EA to the purchasers and whenever there is a signal for trade, the master EA just sends it to slave EA and it trades.

About metatrader function to tell who uses ur EA online: you should then write dll files, where you can import window functions in EA and which subsequently will have access to the internet and can do what you want.

Hope that helps.

If one has a very good EA - presumably a very profitable EA - why don't one just run it all the time, make a shit load of money, and go live in the Bahamas. I do not understand why someone wants to sell his very profitable EA for a measly few dollars. (Like the fool selling a golden egg laying goose?)

EuroTrader wrote >>
If one has a very good EA - presumably a very profitable EA - why don't one just run it all the time, make a shit load of money, and go live in the Bahamas. I do not understand why someone wants to sell his very profitable EA for a measly few dollars. (Like the fool selling a golden egg laying goose?)

cause by selling the EA will earn faster

if you now only have USD$1000 and a good EA, u might earn USD$10,000 in a year, USD$100,000 next year

but if you also sell it, then you earn USD$10,000 and millions ( from the sales if your EA is really that good ) at year end

Jay007 wrote >>

Unfortunately, even the best protected EA are broken within sometime, doesnt matter what kind of protection your using, I usually find all the commerically available EA's free on the internet. I know one developer are hosting the master EA on there server and give the slave EA to the purchasers and whenever there is a signal for trade, the master EA just sends it to slave EA and it trades.

About metatrader function to tell who uses ur EA online: you should then write dll files, where you can import window functions in EA and which subsequently will have access to the internet and can do what you want.

Hope that helps.

EA Master and EA slave seems like a good idea. But what if people decomplile the EA slave and also use free ?

sunshineh wrote >>
Hi,

I once read an article where someone suggested put lots of code ( which is not going to be use by putting eg if(mask==true) { code }

** need make sure the code/function is still there when you compile the source code, as mt4 compiler will remove unused function during compilation

so that the decompiler will take long long time to decompile it - eg a month

I never try this method as I do not have mt4 decompiler, so can't test it works or not

let me know if you find this method works, thanks 1st

erekit:

so that the decompiler will take long long time to decompile it - eg a month
This is not possible. The decompiler will simply decompile it as it would decompile any other code.

If the movie and music industry can't develop piracy-proof DRM with all their billions of annual sales on the line then to be sure we little guys aren't about to do any better.

In fact if you could do better then I politely suggest you are in the wrong industry as your skills and IP are worth far more to the software security industry than you are likely to ever make putting that IP to work in the EA industry.

I am of the opinion that it is Metaquotes' responsibility to develop a secure and robust developer platform for us developers. If they can't be bothered, well then that says something else all on its own now doesn't it...

If your system can tolerate around 1 to 5 minutes delay in signal from the master, then it can work.

There has to be enough security measures between the master and slave. For example, SSL can help identify that only the two computers allowed are talking to each other.

jcadong5 wrote >>
If your system can tolerate around 1 to 5 minutes delay in signal from the master, then it can work.

There has to be enough security measures between the master and slave. For example, SSL can help identify that only the two computers allowed are talking to each other.

Basically you need the same caliber of secure transaction verification that exists between the MT4 terminal and broker now which is needed to prevent spoofing/hijacking of accounts.
Reason: