Getting EAs to Ignore: O,H,L,C data and trade signals & React and Respond Stirictly to Indicatiors ONLY when it switches to a new bar? - page 2

FourX:

double iMAOnArray may do it ?

But I think that it can & will trigger the TP & SL as new ticks come that reach those values

Hi Viffer et al,

"Calculation of the Moving Average on data stored in a numeric array. Unlike iMA(...), the iMAOnArray function does not take data by symbol name, timeframe, the applied price'....'

Reading the description of it, this function sounds like it (&/or iCustom) MIGHT be a valid and effective approach. According to the definition it only acts on the info entered into an array, which I can control to suit my needs, and ignores SOME of the other standard info that is automatically generated. I won't know until I try it if it just ignores the 'applied price', but still monitors the HOLC and can and will be triggered by them. I think that likely it will. But you and the other experienced and knowledgeable programmers here have given me a number of good approaches to try and finally get this sucker tied down. I'm starting to think that no matter what approach I take, that the only way I am going to get it to not be triggered by these predefined data arrays that are always active is to set the SL WAY outside the range. Having the EA dynamically setting the SL and to a lesser degree the TP is a double edged sword. So I am going to adopt the convention of always setting at least a (wide) SL in case the client gets disconnected from the server. Though I have encountered EAs that only seem to only get triggered by the EA, so this may just be due to my ignorance, inexperience and lack of knowledge and understanding of a NuB. Time will tell.

Thanks again to one and all for your input and assistance.

Reason: