Decimals in backtesting

My programmer has made an EA and we are using 4 digit data from FXCM. We are backtesting from 1/1-2007 up to date. The EA generates est. 400 trades and the first 125 trades works fine and uses 4 digits but suddenly after 125 trades (27/3-2008) it starts using 5 digits when it makes the buy. For some strange reason we get 3 ( +200, -100, -541 ) different results backtesting over the exact same period and same criterias. Can any solve this problem ?

not without seeing the code

What value does MarketInfo(Symbol(),MODE_POINT) have before and after the switch?

1005phillip:

What value does MarketInfo(Symbol(),MODE_POINT) have before and after the switch?

...I'd assume it will be constant. I think values such as MODE_POINT in backtesting are taken from the live values at the time the testing is started. It's certainly the case that the spread is fixed and, unless I'm getting forgetful late at night, MODE_TICKVALUE is also constant. Therefore, MODE_POINT is almost certainly constant as well.

DKgalop:
For some strange reason we get 3 ( +200, -100, -541 ) different results backtesting over the exact same period and same criterias. Can any solve this problem ?

Did u have the exact same Market Properties in each test? Are u connected to the server while testing?

1005phillip:

MODE_POINT is a constant in the Tester. Perhaps the data itself is a mix of 4 digits and 5 digits data (and MODE_POINT is 5). This is quite common, I have seen many sources like that (the broker switched from 4 digits to 5 digits at some point in the past...).

Reason: