Your impressions about this strategy

hi, here i would like to present you my newest idea.
i developed a few EA's and scripts for a friend. normaly i have nothing to do with trading.
trought this work i came in contact with forex and it intressts me ;) not only the possible profit, but the process of developement/testing.
as many others i codet a few EA's based on moving averages, optimised the EA with great results and the looesd on demo-accounts.
since i am a programmer and not a trader i dont know what are indications if a strategy is successfull or not.
here is the statement of my strategy. this was the first test after the code is working properly. i have nothing optimised.

do you think this could be a winning strategy or a luckshot? meaning should i continue the work on this strategy?

and what are the main criterias in the statement where i can see if a strategy might be profitable?

The strategy work on H1 chart EUR/USD

consecutive losses - 9 - it's too much.

hi thank you for your fast response.
yes, 9 consecuteve losses are many. but in this drawdown period the EA did'nt loose much money.
i tried a few filters but since this is a breakout strategy all the indicators i tried filters out all of the trades
. for example only buy if Open < BollingerBand.upper, only sell if Open > BollingerBand.lower filters out all but 7 trades in a year.

you maybe know some indicator/filter which can be used in breakout-strategies?

zzuegg:
hi thank you for your fast response.
yes, 9 consecuteve losses are many. but in this drawdown period the EA did'nt loose much money.
i tried a few filters but since this is a breakout strategy all the indicators i tried filters out all of the trades
. for example only buy if Open < BollingerBand.upper, only sell if Open > BollingerBand.lower filters out all but 7 trades in a year.

you maybe know some indicator/filter which can be used in breakout-strategies?

Try it with short only, you seem to have a better percentage with shorts.

How long is the backtest period for?

hi,
well, the strategy is the same, for long and short. testing period was from 2009.02.0.1 to 2010.04.07
i am still searching some kind of filter
Reason: