Problem loading historical data - page 3

1) Ask your broker!

2) Get the quotes from another party.

3) This thread 4(2) years old?

Phillip:

Just FYI as someone who use to do what you describe here I know the pain you are experiencing trying to download historical data.

There is a better/easier way to get the data from the server from your broker and that is:

Step 1: Open an M1 chart
Step 2: Go to History Center (press F2)
Step 3: Navigate to the currency pair and the "1 Minute (M1)" history data for the chart you have open in your terminal (be sure to "double click" the "1 Minute (M1)" selection in history center so it actually becomes the active selection)
Step 4: Then left click once on any of the data rows in the right hand window of the History Center (it doesn't matter which one)
Step 5: Click the "Edit" button, this pops up another window titled "Bar" and the default selection is on the "year"
Step 6: Push the down arrow on your keyboard until the year reads something silly like 1970
Step 7: Then select "OK"...this doesn't actually edit the data you selected but rather it creates a new bar with the timestamp and price info you just edited...don't worry about this as you will delete this fake bar in the end
Step 8: Now select "Close" in the History Center
Step 9: Navigate to your M1 chart of interest and then from the terminal menu select "Charts -> Refresh"...this will refresh the chart and attempts to fill any time gaps in the chart data (which now includes your year 1970 data point) with server data
Step 9 continued...Now your chart will have pulled anywhere from 2048 to 65536 M1 bars from your broker's server (not Metaquotes server) and is usually far more data than you can get the broker to cough up when you try and manually scroll your M1 chart back in time
Step 10: Go back to History Center (press F2) and navigate to your currency pair and its M1 data
Step 11: scroll down the data to the bottom of the list, your will see your 1970 candle there, click it once and then click the "Delete" button in the History Center window

Now you have really quickly downloaded all the broker's M1 data on your currency pair that the broker is going to let you have, much faster than holding down the home or pg-up key for minutes and minutes to download even less data. It works with charts of other timeframes as well.

Step 9 does not work in 2018. You just get a single extra candle with this method nowadays.

Hey! My demo account market is not opened yet but real account's market is opened after weekend break.Anybody knows how to solve it?

Gulfam710:
Hey! My demo account market is not opened yet but real account's market is opened after weekend break.Anybody knows how to solve it?

This is strange, contact your broker.

Sanju Chand:

Hi Gordon,
Thanks for the response. However this does not solve my problem. The indicator is still messed up as in the above chart. This only happens with data imported through the history center.
Gordon, resolved my problem, very good.

Hello i am trying to download history data but i have only one month data. I press download but pop up message says, no new data to download. I set 99999999999 max bar in history still not working. some please help

Recently Alpari changed the name of the a symbol from BTCUSD to BITCOIN. Of course in the process the screen went blank with the usual "waiting for update" message even after market open. So I went to market watch and selected the symbol BITCOIN and attached is the picture of the screen I get. The cruel problem is at the top left hand side of the screen which says "Downloading History" and the screen you see attached will not work. But you can see the bars and all other things working except the Indicator you see on screen will not work and the message in the top left corner will persist whatever I do. I do not know what else to do I have tried everything I know to do with history but it will not work (with the tool you see on the screen). So in summary every other indicator will work but the one shown on the screen will NOT work. What can I do?

The Crow (-_-)

Darkdoji 

Files:
History.PNG  84 kb
Reason: