Hardware requirements for different loads of robots

Hi,

Anyone can share info on this?

To explain, what i mean is, like:
- running multiple robots in one mt4
- running multiple mt4s with at least one robot on each
- running few or one robot, but uses many currency-pairs, e.g. has to have many charts open, like frwc's fusion, or its LMD

like, need extra cooling stuff for computer?
like, memory and cpu and internet bandwidth required?

i got a fast and powerful computer but concerned mostly now on 'cooling stuff' as it is so hot where i have my computer and i dont have an airconditioner.

jcadong5:
Hi,

Anyone can share info on this?

To explain, what i mean is, like:
- running multiple robots in one mt4
- running multiple mt4s with at least one robot on each
- running few or one robot, but uses many currency-pairs, e.g. has to have many charts open, like frwc's fusion, or its LMD

like, need extra cooling stuff for computer?
like, memory and cpu and internet bandwidth required?

i got a fast and powerful computer but concerned mostly now on 'cooling stuff' as it is so hot where i have my computer and i dont have an airconditioner.

Cooling should not be a problem - I have a Quad computer running optimizations on 4 Terminals 24/7 with stock cooling only (in a relatively hot room with no air-con) at 100% CPU - no problems.

As to CPU/Memory requirements - it depends on the used experts/indicators and on the trading environment (number of terminals, number of charts and the bar-limit set for charts in Terminal's options). My own trading server is a core-duo with 512mb only (win2k3) and runs about 4-6 Live Terminals + 4-6 Demo Terminals concurrently with no problems.

But then again, I am sure some experts/indicators require a lot more Memory/CPU...

gordon:

Cooling should not be a problem - I have a quad computer running optimizations on 4 Terminals 24/7 with stock cooling only (in a relatively hot room with no air-con).

As to CPU/Memory requirements - it depends on the used experts/indicators and on the trading environment (number of terminals, number of charts and the bar-limit set for charts in Terminal's options). My own trading server is a core-duo with 512mb only (win2k3) and runs about 4-6 Live Terminals + 4-6 Demo Terminals concurrently with no problems.

But then again, I am sure some experts/indicators require a lot more memory/cpu...

Your trading server (core-duo) is also not in an airconditioned room. Is that correct?

I got a late I-series intel with 4gig ram and win7.

Is opening the desktop enclosure bad, like regarding dust? I replaced one side with something with more holes, making sure the holes are small enough to keep some small insects out.

jcadong5 wrote >>

Unless you have seriously and unusually heavy indis or EAs, the limiting factor will be the order handling channel
You only get one channel per copy of MT4 running, so have n copies of MT4 loaded and spread the EA's across them
Have no unnecessary charts or indis loaded
Monitor RAM & CPU use with Task Manager
Good Luck
-BB-

jcadong5:
Your trading server (core-duo) is also not in an airconditioned room. Is that correct?

I got a late I-series intel with 4gig ram and win7.

Is opening the desktop enclosure bad, like regarding dust? I replaced one side with something with more holes, making sure the holes are small enough to keep some small insects out.

Na... The trading server is in a server farm near my broker (it's a leased dedicated server) - so I guess it's kept pretty cool.

But read carefully what I said - I have a Quad-core running optimizations on 4 Terminals -> 100% CPU usage (all 4 cores). It's in a relatively warm room with nothing but stock cooling and it's been doing that for more than 6 months. I did not have a single reset/freeze of the computer. Stable as a rock.

open air:

Reason: