Always Getting 'Volume Limit' Regardless what I do and can't get any Strategy Tester results. - page 2

With your considerable asstance, I'm slowly getting this sorted out.
Do you know if these scripts ONLY work with 'Off-Line' charts ? It sound like the optimized one might work on a live chart. Actually I have been using the optomized one that loads and works as an 'inidcator' and it does have data for the 1 huor chart that I have been running it on. But if anything, this has quite likley messed up my data again as I have had it running on a different broker's server than I gathered with the 'scroll back' method you documented here.'
But thinking about it, the Strategy tester very likley ONLY uses 'OffLine' data/charts.
Do you know if this is the case ?
. .
Thanks again!

Fix to previous post: I mistakenly referred to the optimized version as a script when it's actually implemented as an indicator (I fixed this in my previous post as well)...

FourX:

Do you know if these scripts ONLY work with 'Off-Line' charts ?

No... For example if u convert a M1 file for a specific broker to all other time-frames, later when u open those time-frames that data would be used... But new data will be appended to those files by the Terminal. So the files u created are the same files as normally used when u open a 'live' chart.

But thinking about it, the Strategy tester very likley ONLY uses 'OffLine' data/charts.
Do you know if this is the case ?
The strategy Tester uses the hst files in the '\MT4\history\broker_name\' (for the broker u are currently connected to)... If the data is not there, Tester will look for the data in the '\MT4\history\Download\' folder. If it's not there either then testing will not start.
After the data is found the Tester creates an FXT file in the '\MT4\Tester\history\' folder. This file contains the interpolated tick data used for testing and can be opened as an offline chart. So yes - technically the Tester uses an offline chart built from the normal hst data stored in history folder...
Reason: