Why EA Will Activate eventhough stopped???

Hello,

recently i'm facing a problem, i found that eventhough i have stopped the EA, but it will still sending signal like normal.....

i'm place my EA in VPS.

what is the cause of this problem?

10265293:

Hello,

recently i'm facing a problem, i found that eventhough i have stopped the EA, but it will still sending signal like normal.....

i'm place my EA in VPS.

what is the cause of this problem?

What process did you follow to "stop" your EA?

CB

hi cloudbreaker,

i stop the EA in the platform.

Is it any process need to be follow in order to "Stop" the EA completely?

hello, is anyone encounter this issue before?

it is very suspicious, the EA will still running after i stop and also totally closed the MT4 platform.............

Right, if you stopped the platform, the EA has stopped.

So you either stopped the wrong platform and the EA is running elsewhere.

Or the EA is stopped and you are using flawed criteria to determine whether or not it has stopped.

Find a large hammer and hit yourself over the head with it.

To all intents and purposes your EA will now be stopped.

Schroedinger's EA, if you will.

CB

Only 1 platform in my vps, so no chance to stopped the wrong ea.

FYI, this EA was designed by me, it's so ridiculous issue.

Anyone have facing this problem before? can help and give advice? Thanks Thanks

10265293:

Only 1 platform in my vps, so no chance to stopped the wrong ea.

FYI, this EA was designed by me, it's so ridiculous issue.

Anyone have facing this problem before? can help and give advice? Thanks Thanks

Are you sure you're not confused by the fact that any orders which had been opened by the EA before being stopped, would still remain open? However, the EA, being stopped, would not obviously not place any further orders.

CB

Yes, I'm sure no opened before turn off the ea. I can trigger from the ea log file to prove that it was stopped before auto open the trades.

You should completely reboot your VPS, you likely have TWO platforms running at the same time... CB I know it sounds goofy/impossible but it has happened to me and is actually a very popular way to accidentally run two or more versions of a MT4 and two or more EA's at the same time on one account.... I can dig up the cautions warning against this from the vps when I have more time....If you have unexplained orders on an account that does not have an EA running...but is trading like the EA is still running this is the problem. Something about two different modes that you can log on as if I remember correctly... After you reboot the vps and get it working correctly ...make sure you close remote desktop connection on one computer before opening it on another computer....

Reason: