Please Help:(Can I use one Strategy With ATR in Different TimeFrame From Strategy TimeFrame )

hello
please hlp me.
If i use one strategy in 15M timeframe and use ATR for set StopLoss in this strategy
use ATR for StopLoss must be in 15M TimeFrame or must in on the base of Daily timeframe ?
remark:
when i use my strategy in 15M timeframe and calculate stoploss on the base of ATR in Daily timeframe result is verey good .

by

N

> use ATR for StopLoss must be in 15M TimeFrame or must in on the base of Daily timeframe ?
You can use the reading of the daily ATR to set the value in an M15 EA, see this to get the current 20-day ATR value

double dDailyATR;

dDailyATR = iATR(NULL,PERIOD_D1,20,0);

Good Luck

-BB-

Ooops forgot :(

The current ATR value will increase during the period, so use the last closed bar value iATR(NULL,PERIOD_D1,20,1);

BarrowBoy wrote >>

Ooops forgot :(

The current ATR value will increase during the period, so use the last closed bar value iATR(NULL,PERIOD_D1,20,1);

hi

1-use ATR value in Candle 0 is better or candle 1 ? Why ?

2-Which of the following mode is best for calculate StopLoss On the base of ATR value:

A-Stoploss = (ATRValue*2)

B-Stoploss = (ATRValue/2)

C-StopLoss = (ATRValue)

Thanks

navid

The current ATR will have started relatively low on firdt tick of the bar and increased thereafter

See below for one example on EURUSD on a sub-pip account - you will have to look at the units your ATR is putting out

Usually good to have a minimum set in case action goes unexpectedly low

SL.Pips = iATR(strSymbol,iPeriod,ATR.Period,ActivityBar)*10000; // Full pips

StopLoss.Pips = MathMax(SL.Pips, Min.StopLoss.Pips); // Full pips

Good Luck

-BB-

Reason: