Funky stuff happening on Windows Vista and 7

Hi all,

While programming in the MetaEditor, I frequently make small changes and re-compile the program. On Windows XP this was no hassle, once re-compiled you just went into the platform and ran a backtest with no need to even restart the platform, and the new version of the EA would load up to be tested.

On Windows Vista and Windows 7 this seems to be hell. Very often I re-compile the EA to find the platform doesn't load the new version to the backtest, only a previous one. Even after restarting the platform many times a old version is still being loaded. Moreover, in the MetaEditor sometimes when I click to Compile or simply Save, it says "Access Denied", and I have to Save As for it allow me to save the code.

Is this a Operating System issue?

Thanks in advance!

I'm having the same problem. Trying to use Metaeditor in Windows 7 is near impossible. I hope someone sees these posts and responds with a fix.

jamonroad:
I'm having the same problem. Trying to use Metaeditor in Windows 7 is near impossible. I hope someone sees these posts and responds with a fix.
i am using metatrader/metaeditor in win7 and have no problems at all. disable UAC and you will be fine. at least in my experience

zzuegg:
i am using metatrader/metaeditor in win7 and have no problems at all. disable UAC and you will be fine. at least in my experience

For the record I'm still stuck in Windows Xp. Because of the frequency of this seemingly hope-less question maybe your response would help allot of people. link for how to disable UAC HERE.

m12:

Hi all,

While programming in the MetaEditor, I frequently make small changes and re-compile the program. On Windows XP this was no hassle, once re-compiled you just went into the platform and ran a backtest with no need to even restart the platform, and the new version of the EA would load up to be tested.

On Windows Vista and Windows 7 this seems to be hell. Very often I re-compile the EA to find the platform doesn't load the new version to the backtest, only a previous one. Even after restarting the platform many times a old version is still being loaded. Moreover, in the MetaEditor sometimes when I click to Compile or simply Save, it says "Access Denied", and I have to Save As for it allow me to save the code.

Is this a Operating System issue?

Thanks in advance!

Just make sure you run both metaeditor.exe AND terminal.exe (MT4-client) as "run as administrator". Works for both Vista and 7.

/ McKeen

Reason: