Accessing account history through API

I'd like to create a Sidebar gadget (like the Clock in Windows Vista) that show how an account is going (balance/open positions ecc). Is there an API/a library to access the account history using the investor password? Thanks!

--- Massimiliano

xanatos:

I'd like to create a Sidebar gadget (like the Clock in Windows Vista) that show how an account is going (balance/open positions ecc).

This can be done, but u would still need MT4 open...

I want to be able to check multiple accounts on multiple servers (of multiple brokers)... For example uses the investor password to check your account... and they probably do it in an automatic way... So I thought "there must be a way to do it".

xanatos:

I want to be able to check multiple accounts on multiple servers (of multiple brokers)... For example uses the investor password to check your account... and they probably do it in an automatic way... So I thought "there must be a way to do it".

Well as far as I know the connection method between a MT4 Terminal and the MT4 Server is not publicly documented, so unless they hacked it (which I doubt), they must have gotten some way of doing that from MetaQuotes...

They "could" have automated like this: an external program modify the configuration file with the settings of a user (server, login and investor password), launch the metatrader that connects to the server. An EA is automatically launched that saves all the transactions in a file. After some time the external program "kills" the metatrader and returns to the beginning, ready to check the next account. Considering they don't use the Investor password as the "primary" way of seeing the trades (they use a client-side EA), this would explain why (it's probably quite slow... It takes 30secs-1 minute to do everything).

xanatos:
They "could" have automated like this: an external program modify the configuration file with the settings of a user (server, login and investor password), launch the metatrader that connects to the server. An EA is automatically launched that saves all the transactions in a file. After some time the external program "kills" the metatrader and returns to the beginning, ready to check the next account. Considering they don't use the Investor password as the "primary" way of seeing the trades (they use a client-side EA), this would explain why (it's probably quite slow... It takes 30secs-1 minute to do everything).

Yeah, but that was my initial point, u have to have MT4 open. They "could" have, but I won't be surprised if they got a better solution directly from MQ (perhaps for a 'small' fee...).

Reason: