Zero Divide Error

Hi, I have this strange error "Zero Divide", when loading attached indicator. Can somebody solve the code, so that the error will not show in the future.

Thanks,

Files:
g7_usdn.mq4  5 kb

arfian:

Hi, I have this strange error "Zero Divide", when loading attached indicator. Can somebody solve the code, so that the error will not show in the future.

Thanks,

You should verify that every denominator is not zero BEFORE dividing (unless it's a non-zero constant). You can also add print statements to pinpoint the problem:

if ( x!=0 ) 
   y = z/x;  
else  
   Print("Warning: x==0");

arfian, your code uses expressions which get divided by iClose(...)

iClose() can return ZERO. This happens when local history for the symbol is not available until received from server. Usual method is to detect the ZERO and confirm that the terminal's error code is ERR_HISTORY_WILL_UPDATED (4066) and if so, reissue call to iClose(). Sometimes, a Sleep() is used to allow for server -> terminal updates.

hth

if you are not ok with MQL4, suggest you look at THE BOOK via link at page top.

fbj:

arfian, your code uses expressions which get divided by iClose(...)

iClose() can return ZERO. This happens when local history for the symbol is not available until received from server. Usual method is to detect the ZERO and confirm that the terminal's error code is ERR_HISTORY_WILL_UPDATED (4066) and if so, reissue call to iClose(). Sometimes, a Sleep() is used to allow for server -> terminal updates.

hth

if you are not ok with MQL4, suggest you look at THE BOOK via link at page top.

Actually i'm not a mql programmer. I Just use the indicator, from your explanation, is it the iClose() that make the error? Sorry for my newbie thought.

fbj:

arfian, your code [...]

It's not "his" code. It's clearly come out of a decompiler.

jjc:

It's not "his" code. It's clearly come out of a decompiler.

Yup its not mine, but I'm not using Decompiler, I just downloaded from one of the thread in forex forum. It seem good indicator, so i tried, but that error came out. I dont know the owner of that indicator.

Reason: