strategy tester speed in MT4

Back to topics list To post a new topic, please log in or register
wasard 2010.02.07 06:27

I am doing extensive back-testing on a number of EAs that I have developed and find that the strategy tester runs far too slowly when set to 31 and far too fast when set to 32. Does anyone know where the settings for the speed of the strategy tester are located? I assume that it is a setting in the registry or in an .ini file that controls this, but I have not been able to find where this value is stored. Any help with speeding up the less than max speed of the tester would be very much appreciated.

gordon 2010.02.07 15:00 #

wasard:

I assume that it is a setting in the registry or in an .ini file that controls this, but I have not been able to find where this value is stored.

I looked into this a while back and as far as I know there is no setting for this (but perhaps I just couldn't find it?).

Any help with speeding up the less than max speed of the tester would be very much appreciated.

Anyway, at the time I thought a possible solution would be to add some time consuming code at the end of start() function to make the whole thing slower (while working at speed 32), but I never got around to try it. It might or might not work, depending on if the Tester calculates in 'real-time' while in visual mode (which I never tested). You can try it out.

wasard 2010.02.07 22:28 #

I think I have found the answer to the problem. I inserted the following code after the start() …

extern int speed = 500; // Control speed of the chart speed when using strategy tester in visual mode

….

….

int start()

{

if(IsVisualMode()==true)

{

Waitloop = 0;

while(Waitloop < speed){Comment("Wait Loop Count = ", Waitloop); Waitloop ++;}

}

….

….

….

Return(0);

}

By changing the value of speed between 100 and 100000 or so you can control the speed of the chart display in the visual mode, but leave the speed unaffected in any other mode.

ajhinde 2015.04.16 05:59 #

wasard:

I think I have found the answer to the problem. I inserted the following code after the start() …

extern int speed = 500; // Control speed of the chart speed when using strategy tester in visual mode

….

….

int start()

{

if(IsVisualMode()==true)

{

Waitloop = 0;

while(Waitloop < speed){Comment("Wait Loop Count = ", Waitloop); Waitloop ++;}

}

….

….

….

Return(0);

}

By changing the value of speed between 100 and 100000 or so you can control the speed of the chart display in the visual mode, but leave the speed unaffected in any other mode.

Your a Legend Wasard! I used this code and it worked like a charm. Thankyou!
Back to topics list  

To add comments, please log in or register