FileOpen error 4103 during simulation

I have a problem opening a CSV file, the error only occurs when I run the EA in simulation mode. The file contains settings for the system that needs to be traded, since it's a large amount of numbers I've decided to put it in a file, rather than as variables in the EA.

I also tried a workaround so that only the indicators would use these settings (i hardcoded some values into the EA) but then i get the error that the indicator can't open file.

Is there a restriction on opening files when the EA is running in simulation?

Files can be written and read during strategy tester runs.

Need to know a bit more about what you're doing to be able to work out what is happening during backtests.

CB

I can't post the whole code because it's proprietary, but I hope this snippet can provide more answers:

string filename = "Config_"+Symbol()+Period()+".csv";
   int fp = FileOpen( filename, FILE_CSV | FILE_READ );

if ( fp < 1 )return ( Error( "EA: Cannot open file "+filename+" error #"+GetLastError() ) );

I'm running this on EURUSD, 1H chart. The file Config_EURUSD60.csv exists. If i load this expert advisor into a live window, it gives me a smiley face and also outputs all the summary of the configuration (I made it output it, so I can check if it has all the right data). But when I run this in a simulation, under journal I get the message: EA: Cannot open file Config_EURUSD60.csv error #4103

This code gets run in the init().

P.S.: Thank you for the quick reply :)

is a copy of the file in the folder tester/files/ ? it needs to be there for testing

Ah, thank you! The file was in experts/files/ ... I didn't know that for testing it needs to be in the special directory.

Thank you!

Was going to mention that in the original response but just ASSUMED you'd be creating the file in the backtest as well as reading from it.

CB

Reason: