How much profit for an EA to be acceptable commercially? - page 4

Please do remove my account name from this forum along with all my postings too.

That is what I remember asking a few other moderators before.

No, they refuse to do it.

Like I said, I prefer browsing (viewing) than helping.

People are too stubborn no matter what advices I give.

Advices go from one ear out the next: nothing absorb and learn.

Ha! Ain't it obvious why 95% will have their pride shatter...

And to LJBranford, if you read this post correctly and sequentially it's quite obvious that Philip and I were dueling informatively until you decided to tag team with him.

Wow, he must be such a good friend to you.

Ha! You are acting like I get pay to post and assist around here.

Remember that I don't get pay for my free advices, so be nice and respectful of counter opinions.

Wow! The world is just so lovely with a one sided story (opinion) like the Bible.

No offense but we are not living in the Bible; therefore, be respectful of all opinions!

Let people decide what they want to keep as informative and as learning lessons!

Don't lose your humanity and your morality just because you want to be right and you want to be authoritative.

Enough is enough, just remove all my postings please.

I am tire of wannabes acting up with me.

@ckingher, In my opinion you should manage your aggression and anger a bit better. You might be right in some or maybe even all cases. But you choose your words with such aggression embedded in it, that no one wants a discussion with you. Being a whole/successful person isn't measured with how much money is in your bank-account, but in how well your able to handle the world around and reap the benefits of that. And yes, I did my share of flaming on this forum. I consider those as my weak moments.

HTH

Russell

ckingher:

Please do remove my account name from this forum along with all my postings too.

No, they refuse to do it.

Like I said, I prefer browsing (viewing) than helping.

People are too stubborn no matter what advices I give.

Advices go from one ear out the next: nothing absorb and learn.

Ha! Ain't it obvious why 95% will have their pride shatter...

And to LJBranford, if you read this post correctly and sequentially it's quite obvious that Philip and I were dueling informatively until you decided to tag team with him.

Wow, he must be such a good friend to you.

I'm not on his side or yours. I think that was clear enough. Why does it matter anyway? It's the internet. We're not going to beat you up. I said that I value your opinion as well.

1005phillip:

Drawdown tells you nothing, nothing you should be comfortable relying on anyways, about future performance. Variance, on the other hand, does.

I finally got some more tick data for my charts and ran my system from 1999-present. yes you're right about drawdown, was basically a useles variable to me at this point because when I use ten years of data I have 60% drawdown instead of 18%. That is from 15m charts though so something like 6-7k trades total. I'll have to pull profit incrementally and do the best I can with it, but I have a new outlook on drawdown. I'm also bummed to know that none of my systems truly passed the test of time besides one. It was also the system that worked on the most charts/Tf's so that's saying something. More versatility indicates a better EA.

ckingher:

Done

LBranjord:

I finally got some more tick data for my charts and ran my system from 1999-present. yes you're right about drawdown, was basically a useles variable to me at this point because when I use ten years of data I have 60% drawdown instead of 18%. That is from 15m charts though so something like 6-7k trades total. I'll have to pull profit incrementally and do the best I can with it, but I have a new outlook on drawdown. I'm also bummed to know that none of my systems truly passed the test of time besides one. It was also the system that worked on the most charts/Tf's so that's saying something. More versatility indicates a better EA.

Glad to hear you were able to zero in on a satisfactory data-driven determination. I too was bummed when I found out that NONE of my EA's passed muster. Heh, at least you still got one!
Reason: