seperate buyers and sellers

given a candlestick, it has high, low, open, close values.

how do you separate buyers from sellers?

my take is close - open

if express in ratio is (close - open) / (high - low)

what's your take?

doshur wrote >>

given a candlestick, it has high, low, open, close values.

how do you separate buyers from sellers?

my take is close - open

if express in ratio is (close - open) / (high - low)

what's your take?

What do you mean "buyers from sellers"?

If you mean "white candle from black candle" it is simple. Use MathMax(open,close) to se which is the biggest. If it is open then you have a black candle, if it is close you have a white candle.

If you mean volume of trades in the FX market seperated in buyers and sellers, this is not so simple.

You can look at the volume indicator in the platform. It shows negative and positive volume. However, it does not show the volume of the entire market, only that of your broker, so it is not reliable.

whocares

Volume indicator in the platform is a count of the number of ticks received in each bar, which has nothing to do with actual volume (the broker's or not).

what i mean is the price action of the candlestick

it has a open price, the high is attained when buyers pushes the price up and the low is attained when the sellers pushes it down.

im trying to see what is your perspective.

doshur:

what i mean is the price action of the candlestick

it has a open price, the high is attained when buyers pushes the price up and the low is attained when the sellers pushes it down.

im trying to see what is your perspective.

It's hard to have any perspective on that subject in MT4 platform since you can't see the market depth or the actual volume. The platform is missing key features to understand the market. You should look into ECN platforms for that.

Reason: