editing mq4 file

I know very little about coding. Can I edit a mq4 file in notepad and then save it and it will work on the chart?

Thanks

Randy

randy1953 wrote >>

I know very little about coding. Can I edit a mq4 file in notepad and then save it and it will work on the chart?

Thanks

Randy

No, you can't without compile

EADeveloper:

No, you can't without compile

understood but now I have a mq4file in my meta editor. It is in templates when I double click it opens up you can read all the code in different colors. Ok I made the changed had nothing to do with the EA functions so then I click above on Compile and below window I get no errors and then it has my file compiling but nothing is happening no compiled file is there?

So to get from here to mq4 that works what do I need to do.

Thanks

Randy

Your randyEA.mq4 file (source code) will have a corresponding randyEA.ex4 file (executable). When you compiled, the .ex4 file will have been updated. When (in this instance of the MT4 platform) you drag "randyEA" on to the chart, your modified EA will run. CB

cloudbreaker:
Your randyEA.mq4 file (source code) will have a corresponding randyEA.ex4 file (executable). When you compiled, the .ex4 file will have been updated. When (in this instance of the MT4 platform) you drag "randyEA" on to the chart, your modified EA will run. CB

Thanks but that the problem it will not compile. I know I do not need the ex4 to run only the mq4 but when I click compile nohing happens.

Randy

randy1953:

Thanks but that the problem it will not compile. I know I do not need the ex4 to run only the mq4 but when I click compile nohing happens.

Randy

Its the other way around - you need the ex4 to run - not the mq4.

Earlier you said that when you clicked compile, you got no errors. This indicates that it has compiled. So now you've confused me by saying nothing happens.

CB

cloudbreaker:

Its the other way around - you need the ex4 to run - not the mq4.

Earlier you said that when you clicked compile, you got no errors. This indicates that it has compiled. So now you've confused me by saying nothing happens.

CB

Sorry did not mean to confused. Iran EA before without no ex4 file all the time just the mq4 file.

anyhow this is exactly what I need please understand I know very little about all of this. I took a ex4 file from a EA put it through a decompiler so now I had the mq4 I then took that mq4 file and put it in the meta editor.

I edited some stull out of the mq4. Now what I see when I am looking at my mq4 file is a window on the left showing the code in different colors and on the right in the Navigator I have the name of the mq4 file under Templates.

Now what I tried to do is simple click on compile it says compiling with the file name next to it and 0 errors 0 warnings below but noting is happeniong now when you look further right I see the word file and it looks like a place that you would see a ex4 file after compiling bu noting is there and nothing happens. This is exactly what I did step by step and I am sill at this place mq4 file open the name of mq4 file under templates below says it's compling but nothing happens.

Thanks

Randy

Sorry did not mean to confused. Iran EA before without no ex4 file all the time just the mq4 file.

No you did not. MetaTrader can only run ex4 not the source code.

Your screen shot shows it compiled. Close the editor and

When (in this instance of the MT4 platform) you drag "randyEA" on to the chart, your modified EA will run. CB

Running someone elses hard work through a decompiler to get a MQ4 file is your main problem...go away....

How dare you come on here expecting help from professional programmers when you are openly attempting to steal someone's work?

You're not even a good intellectual property thief:

- So technically inept that you don't know the difference between source code and executable code (not even grasping it once you've been told a couple of times)

- And stupid enough to tell us all what you are attempting to do

If you ask for any further help in stealing someone else's IP, we will make sure you are permanently removed from the forum. End of.

CB

Hi Randy

If I send you indicator in Mq4 format, can you pls edit it for me?, and the indicator slightly repaint, I need to make it non repaint and I need to have a INPUT area for this indicator adjust the value, can you pls do that for me sir?

Sozo 

Reason: