NOOB QUESTION: reg. iStochastic

i need iStochastic to have fixed values.

from 0 to 1. I can choose that in the chart but while i program that into an ea it has varying values it seems am i right?

can I make it be 0 to 1?

any info from the gurus will be much appreciated. thank you.

onemore wrote >>

i need iStochastic to have fixed values.

from 0 to 1. I can choose that in the chart but while i program that into an ea it has varying values it seems am i right?

can I make it be 0 to 1?

any info from the gurus will be much appreciated. thank you.

IStoc function returns the value of the indicator at the time you call it. (The same as the line being drawn by the indicator on the chart).

In your code you set a variable that has the value you want to use (say 0.1) that acts as the "line" on the chart

You then compare the value returned by iStoc against the your variable when when it matches / cross up / cross down the variable you have your trigger (or part of trigger if you are using more than 1 indicator)

Goodluck

whocares

whocares:

IStoc function returns the value of the indicator at the time you call it. (The same as the line being drawn by the indicator on the chart).

In your code you set a variable that has the value you want to use (say 0.1) that acts as the "line" on the chart

You then compare the value returned by iStoc against the your variable when when it matches / cross up / cross down the variable you have your trigger (or part of trigger if you are using more than 1 indicator)

Goodluck

whocares

i got it. i do that, so thats cool.

i had some other issues in my code but now they are ok. istoch does not depend on zoom level of your chart NB... lol

sry for noobnesss

Reason: