Compiling without using the Editor in MT4 -SOLVED- - page 2

MY NAME MAHENDRA...

MY EMAIL <mahen1602@hotmail.com>

PLEASE CONVERT IN Mql4 INDICATOR ...

Files:

mahen1602:
PLEASE CONVERT IN Mql4 INDICATOR ...
  1. Don't hijack someone else's thread - post your own
  2. We can only code mql4 not executables - post your own code.
  3. You don't convert indicators to EAs - you create an EA that gets the indicator's values via iCustom().
  4. No Slaves here, learn to code or pay someone. We're not going to code it FOR you. We are willing to HELP you.

@ meikel

I am very interested in your Geany solution for developing mql4. I wanted the compiled .ex4 file to be placed in the same directory as the .mq4 source file so I added "%d\%f" to the Geany filetypes.c file follows:

compiler="C:\Program Files\MetaTrader\metalang.exe" "%d\%f"

linker="C:\Program Files\MetaTrader\metalang.exe" "%d\%f"

run_cmd="C:\Program Files\MetaTrader\metalang.exe" "%d\%f"

Without the "%d\%f" option the file is placed in the appropriate folder of the metalang.exe installation directory.

Now I am trying to get the compiler errors to make them more readable and click-able to jump to the relevant lines. Can you or anyone help with this? I think a patch would be required to accomplish this

Regards,

JonDgls

I have configured my geany to run with my metatrader. It works fine.

But is it possible to get the metatrader help in my geany editor?? For example when I print F1 on iMACD(...)?

@sunshineh
Can you share how you configured Geany editor to run with metatrader? It is interesting...
Thank you already very much.

Regards,

John

John Thompson:

@ meikel

Now I am trying to get the compiler errors to make them more readable and click-able to jump to the relevant lines. Can you or anyone help with this? I think a patch would be required to accomplish this

This is an old post, but I came across the same issue while giving geany a test drive.

Add the following into the relevant filetypes definition file. For example, I modified filetypes.cpp to be used for MQL5.

[build_settings]
error_regex=^(.+)\\(([0-9]+),.*$
Reason: