Moving Average changing slope for all symbols Alert - could you help ?

Hello,

I want to create indicator (scanner), which informs when Moving Average changes slope. Slope changing gives short term reversal signal.

It is very easy to create such indicator for one currency (attached to graph, lets say EURUSD 5 min). Attached here indicator did such job and alers when MA changes slope.

But my idea is to scan many symbols and different time frame (let's say 5 min,15 min, 30 min) to have possibility to enter market as soon as signal comes.

Could You help ?

Thanks in advance,

Edward

edas wrote >>

Hello,

I want to create indicator (scanner), which informs when Moving Average changes slope. Slope changing gives short term reversal signal.

It is very easy to create such indicator for one currency (attached to graph, lets say EURUSD 5 min). Attached here indicator did such job and alers when MA changes slope.

But my idea is to scan many symbols and different time frame (let's say 5 min,15 min, 30 min) to have possibility to enter market as soon as signal comes.

Could You help ?

Thanks in advance,

Edward

MT4 has the ability to open more than 1 chart at a time. Open all the chart and all the time frames that you wnat to monitor. Then attach the indicator to each chart.

Job done.

whocares

edas wrote >>

Hello,

Could You help ?

Thanks in advance,

Edward

double firstpair=ima("GBPUSD"................);

double secondpair=ima ("EURUSD"..............);

and so on for all the pairs you want.

whocares:

MT4 has the ability to open more than 1 chart at a time. Open all the chart and all the time frames that you wnat to monitor. Then attach the indicator to each chart.

Job done.

whocares

Hi whocares,

Yes, such solution exist. But to scan many pairs and several time frames with one indicator is more sophisticated solution, hope this is possible.

edas wrote >>

Hi whocares,

Yes, such solution exist. But to scan many pairs and several time frames with one indicator is more sophisticated solution, hope this is possible.

Yes your option is possible. however, by changing the code to this you need to appreciate that you are limiting the indicator to operate on the currency pairs and time frames you specify. This means that it will not work on any non spcified time frame or currency pair.

Do you know what currencies and time frames you want to use?

whocares:

Yes your option is possible. however, by changing the code to this you need to appreciate that you are limiting the indicator to operate on the currency pairs and time frames you specify. This means that it will not work on any non spcified time frame or currency pair.

Do you know what currencies and time frames you want to use?

hi whocares,

In indicator I use pairs "EURUSD","GBPUSD","USDJPY","AUDUSD","USDCAD","USDCHF","EURGBP","EURAUD","EURCHF","EURJPY","GBPJPY","GBPCHF"

and time frames 5,15,30,60 min

edas wrote >>

hi whocares,

In indicator I use pairs "EURUSD","GBPUSD","USDJPY","AUDUSD","USDCAD","USDCHF","EURGBP","EURAUD","EURCHF","EURJPY","GBPJPY","GBPCHF"

and time frames 5,15,30,60 min

Did you see my post above? Thats the way to go about it.

Use the iMA() function for each pair you want. Job done. There are many multicurrency/multitimeframe indicators available.

8284:

Did you see my post above? Thats the way to go about it.

Use the iMA() function for each pair you want. Job done. There are many multicurrency/multitimeframe indicators available.

hi 8284,

thanks for answer. i tried to create "for" cycle for array of pairs, but cycle doesn't work.

So perhaps the easiest way will be to create variable for each currency and each time frame.

edas wrote >>

hi 8284,

thanks for answer. i tried to create "for" cycle for array of pairs, but cycle doesn't work.

So perhaps the easiest way will be to create variable for each currency and each time frame.

pairs[12]={"EURUSD","GBPUSD","USDJPY","AUDUSD","USDCAD","USDCHF","EURGBP","EURAUD","EURCHF","EURJPY","GBPJPY","GBPCHF"}

for (int i =0;i<12;i++)

{

mypair+i=iMa(pairs[i],.........................); // this will cycle through all your pairs

}

mypair+i=iMa(pairs[i],.........................);

???

add two variables at the left side - is that possible in mql4

didnt you mean mypairMA[i] ??

meikel wrote >>

mypair+i=iMa(pairs[i],.........................);

???

add two variables at the left side - is that possible in mql4

didnt you mean mypairMA[i] ??

Sorry, a silly error on my part.

This is the way Id go about it.

Id use objects.

pairs[12]={"EURUSD","GBPUSD","USDJPY","AUDUSD","USDCAD","USDCHF","EURGBP","EURAUD","EURCHF","EURJPY","GBPJPY","GBPCHF"}

for (int i =0;i<12;i++)

{

mypair=iMa(pairs[i],.........................); // this will cycle through all your pairs

if (mypair>whatever)

objectcreate("firstpair"+i...); // Create an arrow or a line or square or something if the conditions are met. Thats the way I would do it. Thanks for the correction

}

Reason: