Metatrader 5 doesn't sound so good

MetaTrader 5 is going to be a disaster for MetaTrader 4 traders. I just read it's not going to be backward compatible with Metatader 4.

That is going to destroy alot of traders systems. That means all my indicators that I've collected over the last 2 yrs are going to be no good to NFA brokers and brokers

that will use MetaTrader 5. My question is will any MetaTrader brokers just stay with MetaTrader 4? I'm hoping the non-NFA one's will not use MT5. If anyone has any links / list of brokers that won't convert it would be appreciated because I need to keep my indicators.

I have the same concern dude

england33 wrote >>

MetaTrader 5 is going to be a disaster for MetaTrader 4 traders. I just read it's not going to be backward compatible with Metatader 4.

That is going to destroy alot of traders systems. That means all my indicators that I've collected over the last 2 yrs are going to be no good to NFA brokers and brokers

that will use MetaTrader 5. My question is will any MetaTrader brokers just stay with MetaTrader 4? I'm hoping the non-NFA one's will not use MT5. If anyone has any links / list of brokers that won't convert it would be appreciated because I need to keep my indicators.

If more and more people insist on MT4, brokers will have to conform.

If not, they will run out of customers and their businesses will suffer.

This is politic, power of grassroot (the masses). Ain't the system lucky?

I am not power hungry. If I was, imagine the nightmares the world will have.

Or vice-versa, imagine the light that people have never seen before.

I think the Metaquotes people must now see that they have a loyal following of MT4 users that will have nothing to do with MT5 as it is today. They have stated they will not turn the

lights off on MT4 as long as it is being used. I also think it may now be wise for us traders /programmers to have a backup plan....unless they publicly state that they will make

the changes to MT5 that everyone is demanding.... Hedge...etc....

I read that there should not be compatibility problem however with "old" MQ4 programs.

BlueSkyThinking:
I read that there should not be compatibility problem however with "old" MQ4 programs.

MT4 vs MT5. Features and compatibility of MetaTrader 5

"Unfortunately, MetaTrader4 Language (MQL4) will not be compatible with MetaTrader 5 (MQL5). The decision was made in favor of new opportunities in

programming language and execution speed, which to some regret of existing MT4 clients means, their custom indicators and EAs (.mq4 and .exe files)

won't work with MT5 plateform; and need to be rewritten."

the largest trouble is the indicators transfer rewrited from my old MQl4-indocators show different with original.

I do not find reasons.

How about others?

ckingher wrote >>

If more and more people insist on MT4, brokers will have to conform.

If not, they will run out of customers and their businesses will suffer.

This is politic, power of grassroot (the masses). Ain't the system lucky?

I am not power hungry. If I was, imagine the nightmares the world will have.

Or vice-versa, imagine the light that people have never seen before.

you are maybe right, but i see a little problem ... Do you really think people will stop trading or programming EA if MQL4 would stop tomorrow ? the answers is sure no. Then traders will go knoc on non- metaquote related broker/platform. But after a while, traders will soon remark that if you want to program EA, with a free some powerful program, and you can switch to alot of brokers if you want to change without having to change platform, you dont have that many players...

and traders will then come back to metaquote product(MT5), because all major brokers will be on it and traders will have to "stick" to the new rules of the game! ***this is only IF and only IF metaquote would pull the plug of MT4 but I dont think they would do it before a while ... and the process of shopping for a new program/broker is a relatively expensive one for alot a traders, and may be quite a long one. So i dont think that pression for keeping MT4 is a good solution for trader that dont whant to change to MT5, i think the solution is not downloading the program at all ! then broker wont see any avantage to sign with MT5 and it's brokers that will make a difference making pression on metaquote to let MT4 alive and up to date. If you were a broker, would you prefer to offer to your cutomer a program everyone tried and know well or offer a platform nobody even downloaded ?

Well some good news is... I'll be providing MQL4 to MQL5 conversion service :D just msg me if interested.

Traders Dynamic Index (MT4) — indicates trend direction, market volatility and trend strength in a separate window of the MetaTrader terminal. It is handy in many trading styles — long-term and scalping. Read the commentary in the code to learn using it (very easy).TRO MultiPair (MT4) — a multiple timeframe indicator package for multiple currency pair. It shows as a separate terminal window with 3 indicating dots for each of 4 different currency pairs for each MetaTraer time period. Dots combinations serve as the entry signals. The more timeframes show the same combination the more accurate signal is. Red, red, magenta is used to enter short; green, green, cyan is used to enter long. You can select currency pairs via the input parameters. The timeframe and the currency pair of the chart, to which you attach this indicator don’t matter.
TzPivots (MT4) — daily pivot points indicator with an accurate and informative display. Trader has to set two input parameters: LocalTimeZone — time zone of the MT4/MT5 trading server (e.g. "-5" if it's New York time) and DestTimeZone — time zone of the session for which you want to calculate pivot points (e.g. "+9" for Tokyo trading session pivots).
Var Mov Avg (MT4, MT5) — indicator is based on the calculating of moving averages of the varying periods. It detects crosses that produce buy/sell signals as well as current trend indication. This indicator has a sound alert on signals, which can be turned on and off.ZigZagOnParabolic (MT4, MT5) — improved version of the standard MetaTrader ZigZag indicator that is based on another MetaTrader standard indicator — Parabolic SAR. Detects chart extrema.
You want to share your own custom MetaTrader indicator for this page? Or do you have any comments/questions regarding any of indicators presented here? Please, visit our forum on MetaTrader Indicators.

I would guess that a common sense output of this is that brokers must support both MT4 and MT5. No other way would make everyone happy.
Reason: