Forex Trading TIP #2

When programming your EA, keep in mind that EA is only as good as your trading level.

THIS MEANS:

1) If you are new at trading, don't even waste your time with EA programming.

2) Demo trade and then trade live for a few years.

3) Once you are profitable live, then consider building an EA.

4) Afterward, you need to locate a few guinea pigs to use your EA. If they suffer losses, then your EA is no good.

5) Hey, this will save you from unecessary losses and tears down the line.

ckingher wrote >>

When programming your EA, keep in mind that EA is only as good as your trading level.

THIS MEANS:

4) Afterward, you need to locate a few guinea pigs to use your EA. If they suffer losses, then your EA is no good.

I dont agree with you.

What happens if you are new at trading, but you can code, and you code the strategy of a successful trader?

Would your inexperience as a trader affect your competence as a coder?

What you might have said instead is that if as an inexperienced trader you code your (personal) trading system into an ea it wont be successsful.

However, I dont agree to even that, but it does make a lot,more sense!

There is no need to refute free tips given out.

However, I must defend myself and reply to your comment.

The answer to your concern is that it does matter and it depends on your stubborness level.

The more stubborn you are, the more likely you will mess up the coding because you tend to spice things up.

Being a successful trader and you being the coder WITHOUT any experiences in trading, I would NEVER hire you in the first place.

I would prefer a coder that is fimilar with the trading environment.

Best of luck to whoever selects you as a coder.

ckingher - I've looked over your posts on this forum and finally I think I have you sussed!

You're not a real person - you are in fact one of those computer programs which generate random sentences!

Would I be right?

CB

LOL

ckingher:

THIS MEANS:

No I think you're entirely wrong here. 

Who t'hell wanna spend years in front of the screen doing hit & miss trials just to maybe...just maybe but most likely not, come up with a usable strategy ? Well, if you live forever I guess you could spend 10 or 20 years on these trials, but this is not for me...

The alternative is to learn basic trading, then learn to program, then make EAs, then backtest those on various history times to weed out their problems, and put the most promising ones on forward test.

This is probably 100's of times faster, and gives much MUCH better data.

I have never ever traded manually on a real account, and I never will (for various reasons). 

I know atleast 4 people that got into FX and started trading manually, none of them could program, and I told all of'em what would happen, and sure enough they're all "out of business" with empty accounts  at this point in time.

My results of 14 months of programming are just now beginning show results. Got 4 promising EAs on forwardtest, all of them looks ok for live trading.

The two 'worst' ones are here:

http://daytrader.mt4live.com/

http://daytrader3.mt4live.com/

The other two (I won't show them) are 'scary' good, showing in excess of +500%/month ( and that's on Alpari, with realistic spreads and trading conditions).

And pls if you have some conscious be your own guinea pig...

DayTrader wrote >>

No I think you're entirely wrong here.

Who t'hell wanna spend years in front of the screen doing hit & miss trials just to maybe...just maybe but most likely not, come up with a usable strategy ? Well, if you live forever I guess you could spend 10 or 20 years on these trials, but this is not for me...

The alternative is to learn basic trading, then learn to program, then make EAs, then backtest those on various history times to weed out their problems, and put the most promising ones on forward test.

This is probably 100's of times faster, and gives much MUCH better data.

I have never ever traded manually on a real account, and I never will (for various reasons).

I know atleast 4 people that got into FX and started trading manually, none of them could program, and I told all of'em what would happen, and sure enough they're all "out of business" with empty accounts at this point in time.

My results of 14 months of programming are just now beginning show results. Got 4 promising EAs on forwardtest, all of them looks ok for live trading.

The two 'worst' ones are here:

http://daytrader.mt4live.com/

http://daytrader3.mt4live.com/

The other two (I won't show them) are 'scary' good, showing in excess of +500%/month ( and that's on Alpari, with realistic spreads and trading conditions).

And pls if you have some conscious be your own guinea pig...

Don't talk to me about consciousness or morality.

People out there are not here for morality or ethics lessons.

They are here to make money. The more the better.

Abundance is everywhere. So don't talk to me about shortages.

Play fair while others play rotten, you lose!

Learn to play foul with foul players; you need to adjust to win.

How you get your experience, I could not careless.

But the objective is to get experience. And ultimately, make lots of money!

ckingher - In return, I'd ask you to talk only about MQL programming on this, an MQL programming forum.

Do you think anyone is interested in your amateur philosophy lessons? Ok I'll give you a clue with this pie chart.

CB

LOL !!

Come on guys be nice to each other, it Xmas soon

DayTrader:
Come on guys be nice to each other, it Xmas soon

yep, and its a nice behaviour to make others lucky.

though CB has done very good work.

Reason: