Many Brokers have 5 decimal points for the currency EURUSD and the other pairs

My Expert Advisor is not compatible with this... Is there any special instruction for ModifyOrder(), OrderSend(), OrderClose() functions?

I wrote EA for standard values as 1.4555 for EURUSD not 1.45559 for example... then Spread equals 23-25 points

The brokers write that spread is smaller but really it is ten times bigger than normal value ! What do you think about it ?

What is better for the client? Currency with 4 decimal places or Currency with 5 decimal places ? For the brokers I am sure that 5 is better for them becasue MarketInfo(Symbol(),MODE_SPREAD) equals 10x more... Have I right ?

a 5 digits broker spread of 30 pips is equal to a 4 digits broker spread of 3 pips

meikel:
a 5 digits broker spread of 30 pips is equal to a 4 digits broker spread of 3 pips

are you sure ? tick value is the same ! 3 * 0,1 usd = 0,3 usd, 30 * 0,1 usd = 3 usd

are sure that is it true ?

it is true if i compare mbtrading with sighold investment group

noone trys to prohibit your own research with different brokers.

dont believe me, do your own research

Its true - to adapt your EA, you'll need to:

- Check whether Digits returns 2/4 or 3/5

- If the latter, then you'll need to multiply by 10 any RELATIVE values such as S/L, T/P and Slippage

CB

"The brokers write that spread is smaller but really it is ten times bigger than normal value ! What do you think about it ? "

Lets see what I think about it...

0.0001 is ten times bigger than 0.00010

Nope.

Ok.

0.00010 is ten times bigger than 0.0001

Nope.

phy:

"The brokers write that spread is smaller but really it is ten times bigger than normal value ! What do you think about it ? "

Lets see what I think about it...

0.0001 is ten times bigger than 0.00010

Nope.

Ok.

0.00010 is ten times bigger than 0.0001

Nope.

What type of MarketInfo() function should I use in order tu give the proper value of TICK in USD ( AccountCurrency() ) ???

MarketInfo(Symbol(),MODE_TICKVALUE)

MarketInfo(Symbol(),MODE_TICKSIZE)

or

MarketInfo(Symbol(),MODE_DIGITS)

Suggest you search for a post titled "What is a tick?"

CB

cloudbreaker:

Suggest you search for a post titled "What is a tick?"

CB

It is not so simple as you think...

I know what is the TICK, but I have still the problem with 5 decimal points with the BROKER... my EA works only on 4 decimal points: I have already multiply by 10 any RELATIVE values such as S/L, T/P and Slippage ... but it hasn't got any results

where can I find the problem ? Have you any other idea ?

MarketInfo(Symbol(),MODE_TICKVALUE)

Warning : Tick Value at broker with 5 decimal points is the same as at the broker with 4 decimal points... do not belive me? check it yourself...

@puncher - I would not expect *edit* the ratio of TICKVALUE / TICKSIZE *edit* to differ between 4 and 5 digit brokers.

If you are using tickvalue (for example) in a formula to calculate risk-per-trade, then, although tickvalue is a constant, your relative stoploss would be part of the formula and would have to be factored by 10 as required.

I've been through all this in my EAs in the past. Adjusting an EA between 2/4 and 3/5 digit brokers is actually pretty straightforward.

This post may help you further.

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/119868

CB

Reason: