Not all History is downloaded, help

Hello to all,

The search box gave me many articles to read as to history download. But I have not seen a solution for incomplete download message that I constantly get when I try to export the history of any currency with a timeframe of 1 hour or less. Example, I go to History Center, choose currency, and timeframe, (USDJPY,15).The spreadsheet pops up and then I click the Download. The progress bar appears and soon afterwards a new spreadsheet appears showing, Database 234,795/234,796. The dates starting at 1999.08.02, 05:00, ending with 2009.12.11, 23:45. All is great. Now I wish to get these figures printed out. I click on Export. I save file .csv as usdjpy15. A short time prevails and Excel displays 'File Not Loaded Completely'. The MS Excel will display only 1999.08.02 to 2002.03.22. Or 65,536 rows of data. Now it is not so much that I want to printout all that data. But is there a way for Excel to display the most rescent data. (The row 65,536 showing yesterdays date and going back to whatever date row 1 would display. Or at least data of the last two years. Not data that was from ten years ago, then being cutoff a few years later)? All timeframes earlier then four hours give the same results, 'File Not Loaded Completely', and the Excel will display only rows from 1 to 65,536.

I've been monkeying around with this for months. The four hour, daily, etc. timeframes for all currencies work just fine. The shorter timeframes are all incomplete when downloaded.

Has anyone else, had that problem. Is it my Excel is not big enough? (Doubt that).

Is it something in how I setup a parameter for downloading? The Excel always cuts off at 65,536 rows for data, no matter what timeframe under four hours.

Respectfully confused

Huckleberry

split the csv in to files each containing one year.

i guess excel cant handle mor than 65xxx entries

meikel wrote >>

split the csv in to files each containing one year.

i guess excel cant handle mor than 65xxx entries

Thank you meikel for getting back so soon. But when I download, I have no choice as to how much data can be downloaded at a time. The file is not being completely downloaded. If the file is completely downloaded, yes, the Excel could be displayed as to my preferences, I think.

i for myself only download M1 data and recalculate the other timeframes.

sometimes i have to start the download again, beacuse i think of to much serverload.

no problems so far.

another possible solution is an demo account from a broker which supllies download of history data.

not all are providing data.

Just to clear this topic up, I have found out that the Excel has the limitation of 65,536 rows.

Maybe I need an upgrade to the MS Excel?

Huckleberry:

Just to clear this topic up, I have found out that the Excel has the limitation of 65,536 rows.

Maybe I need an upgrade to the MS Excel?

yeap, earliest versions of Excel have that 65k row limit, the latest version (2007) has a limit of over 1mil rows.

Reason: