Why is it that I can't open new chart for a different currency pair?

Hi,

My MT4 does not allow me to switch to another currency pair by clicking New Chart? I used to be able to do this. Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

rejoice, did you try to first press ENTER and type name of Symbol manually per keyboard? That behavior is not normal, i would recommend reinstall terminal or/and start it as administrator.

Anything in the Journal?

fx1.net wrote >>
rejoice, did you try to first press ENTER and type name of Symbol manually per keyboard? That behavior is not normal, i would recommend reinstall terminal or/and start it as administrator.

Tks for asking. I know the reason now. It was because I hv opened the max. no. of currency pair windows :) This problem has been fixed after I closed some of the opened windows. Tks anywhere!

Hi, my mt4 app can't open a new chart or currency pair even if I close any charts already open within a profile. I can save my profiles if I try to overlap current open charts with another, but when I reopen the platform it goes back to the default charts and profiles. It would say "file location\metaquotes\terminal\brokernumber\profiles\(profilename)\chart(chartnumber).chr was not found".

So you know why. Directory is protected, wrong users, HD failing/full, something.

I'd suggest shutdown the terminal, delete (profilename), restart.

Reason: