** PROFITABLE EA ** --- Help! (I can share my EA for free or pay for changes) - page 2

Everett:

Hi,

I have an EA which has performed very well for the past two weeks in forward test. I know two weeks is not a long time, but it also performs well in back test. Results are consistent with back test.

I am willing to share my EA with MQL forum for free or pay for changes, if a programmer can add the following to code.

1. I would like to add a partial profit routine.
Example, if trade is in profit by 20 pips, I would like to close a variable percentage say 2/3 of trade. Option to leave the stoploss as is for the remaining 1/3 or change it to break even.

2. As the EA stands now it performs a straddle (buy/sell) at same time. I would like to have option to either straddle or do one direction only based on entry condition. I don't know how to do this so I have been commenting out code to do a single trade.

3. Add a start and end time for trading to catch session breakouts. Possibly for 3 sessions.

If anyone is interested please leave message.

Hi Everett,

Would you test your EA on this site www.forex-robots.com ; they do real money competitions between EAs so we can know which one is profitable.

I think that if you send them your EA they will out it in their competitions test.

thx

Joe

I am using Forex.com for testing.

GreenBull:

Hi Everett,

Would you test your EA on this site www.forex-robots.com ; they do real money competitions between EAs so we can know which one is profitable.

I think that if you send them your EA they will out it in their competitions test.

thx

Joe

Thanks Joe, I can do that, but I would like to get the partial profit and time routines included first.

Hi Everett,

this EA is good, but it interfere with others orders, modify and close other orders then this EAs own ticket. Would you correct this mistake, please? It could be fine. Vaclav.

vaclav:

Hi Everett,

this EA is good, but it interfere with others orders, modify and close other orders then this EAs own ticket. Would you correct this mistake, please? It could be fine. Vaclav.

I would do it if I knew how? I know this EA is good, it just has some code that needs correcting.

Maybe a kind programmer will correct so that we can all benefit.

Hi, i have backtested the EA. Perfoms very well in 2009 (only 1 looser). But not so good in first half of 2008.

The problem with this EA is that is uses a large stop loss. If you have 3 loosers close to each other, you will blow your profit.

I have rewritten everything in this EA, just for simplicity. This one have fixed stop loss and TP

Works on all instruments

400 codelines reduced to 90. The main problem with this is too high stop loss..

if you are using 5 digit broker the parameteres needs to be 1000 = 100 pips stop loss etc...

parameter MovingAvgOscillatorLimit = 20 for 5 digit and 2 for 4 digit

Files:
tsrv2.0.mq4  3 kb

hansjlachmann:

I have rewritten everything in this EA, just for simplicity. This one have fixed stop loss and TP

Works on all instruments

400 codelines reduced to 90. The main problem with this is too high stop loss..

if you are using 5 digit broker the parameteres needs to be 1000 = 100 pips stop loss etc...

parameter MovingAvgOscillatorLimit = 20 for 5 digit and 2 for 4 digit

Thanks Hans,

I will try it. I did not expect complete rewrite, but I am thankful if it is better code.

Regarding stop loss, maybe set at last swing low or high. Possibly adding time factor to ea, where SL is reduced every X minutes by X amount of pips. If trade is going to be good it should happen fairly quickly. I will check charts and give further thought on weekend. I added the pending order expiry to cancel after 5 hours. Maybe same thing can be done for active trade. I think you initially need wide SL and then reduce it after X time.

43-21:

Will you please show the performance of your EA? which product or which FX pair you tried?!

Can i get EA in source coding?

Which time GMT u used i trade?

Pls send EA to mail ID - srkalimuthu@gmail.com

Rgds/John, India

Reason: