MT4 BID/ASK PRICE IN MS EXCEL

Hi,

I am trying to get bid/ask in MS Excel and using this formula =MT4|BID!GBPUSD but I am getting this message when I open DDE Sample File in Excel "Remote Data not accessible - Start Application MT4.exe".

Actually I have two different brokers MT4 in my computer. One is IBFX & another is FXPro. I have tried everything, first opening one terminal that did not work than opening second terminal that also did not work. I am not sure which MT4.exe file excel is asking for. Can anyone please help me on this.

Moreover, on my another computer I have FXDD, IBFX & FxPro. When I open FXDD terminal the excel file works fine, but when I open IBFX or FxPro it doesnt work.

Thanks

Alifari

Did you do this?

Tools Menu -> Options -> Server Tab -> Enable DDE Server

circlesquares wrote >>

Did you do this?

Tools Menu -> Options -> Server Tab -> Enable DDE Server

Yes, I enabled DDE Server on all broker platform viz. ibfx, fxpro & fxdd but excel price only updating price for fxdd. When i close fxdd platform the excel price does not update. Actually I want my excel file to show ibfx quotes when ibfx platform is open and fxpro when fxpro platform is open, but it doesnt to that. looks like its only taking fxdd platform price for some reason. Would appreciate help to fix this problem.

Thanks,

Alifari

alifari721 wrote >>

Yes, I enabled DDE Server on all broker platform viz. ibfx, fxpro & fxdd but excel price only updating price for fxdd. When i close fxdd platform the excel price does not update. Actually I want my excel file to show ibfx quotes when ibfx platform is open and fxpro when fxpro platform is open, but it doesnt to that. looks like its only taking fxdd platform price for some reason. Would appreciate help to fix this problem.

Thanks,

Alifari

pls dont hit me if i am wrong, but what i remember, the (path to the ) dde-server (mt4.exe in this case) is saved also in the system of windows when you install MetaTrader.

More a problem of windows if you have metatrader installed twice, take a look in google where the information about dde servers are stored in your system

I have two different MT4 platforms installed and need Excel to read DDE from the latest one installed. For now, I can only get data from the first MT4 installed. If I run the newer one (by itself) the spreadsheet shows the error #NAME or #NA in every cell. Where is the configuration to change the path to the DDE server in excel??!

Yes, I have enabled DDE in MT4. Does anyone know what the trick is?

Thanks in advance,

Dave

Hi

I need help on how to write MT 4 formula for MS Excel worksheet in multiple time-frames to be able to see what a currency pair has done in the last 12 hours, 24 hours, last week and month in the for of heat-map visually just like it is presented on this website http://finviz.com/forex_performance.ashx so that you know the strength and weakness of different pairs over a period of time, be able to know which one is trending, consolidating and stall.

Thanks.

Reason: