Set Chart type to Bars and bardown_color to Red

Hi

I have created a custom indicator that already uses 6 of the available indicator buffers.

I want to set defaults for the following (from the indicator code):

Chart Type = Bars

bardown_color = Red

Please can someone advise me how to default the chart type to bars AND make the bardown_color set to Red by default from the mql code. ?
(The bardown_color is a variable found in the profile settings file, not my mql code)

For example in my custom indicator code, I am interating through the records within the loop:

for(int i=0; i<limit; i++)

{

// render my EMA's

// render labels and arrows

// Set downbar_color to red here ?

}

OR set the chart type = bars and downbar_color = Red as a constant at the top of the code ?

Many Thanks for any comments or advise.

You define the colors at the global level:

Examples:

#property indicator_color1 Aqua
#property indicator_color2 Red
#property indicator_color3 White

etc..

And chart type in Init:

int init()
 { 
 SetIndexBuffer(0,ExtMapBuffer1);
 SetIndexStyle(0,DRAW_HISTOGRAM,STYLE_SOLID);// "Bars" are called Histogram
 SetIndexBuffer(1,ExtMapBuffer2);
 SetIndexStyle(1,DRAW_LINE,STYLE_SOLID);
 SetIndexBuffer(2,ExtMapBuffer3);
 SetIndexStyle(2,DRAW_LINE,STYLE_SOLID); 
 return(0);
 }

DayTrader wrote >>

You define the colors at the global level:

Examples:

Hi DayTrader,

Thanks for your reply... I am still having a problem with achieving my required results:

If i am not mistaken, what you have described will affect the style of a specific *indicator* (?)

As i mentioned, i am already using 6 out of 7 avalable indicator buffers (2 x EMA's and 4 x EMA Envelopes)

I want to affect the color of the default *price* bars, rather than an indicator color/value; and also to default the chart to a "Bar Chart".

(BTW, these default values are to be set as constants, once set they stay that way)

I do not wish to assign the OCHL price values to another 4 buffers. (as 6/7 buffers are already in use)

I just want to effect the color of the actual default prices bars in the MQL code...

So that when the custom indicator is attached to a chart, it is set to type "Bars" and the "Down Bars" are colored in red.

I know this can easily be set in a profile or template, but i want the indicator to default to the chart to the required values.

I appreciate any further comments or advise.

Many Thanks.

So that when the custom indicator is attached to a chart, it is set to type "Bars" and the "Down Bars" are colored in red.

you have 8 buffers (lines/bars/etc) in each indicator window.

each can have its own color/drawingstyle.

if you want green for positive values and red for negative values, you have to use 2 buffers, one for red, one for green

read the manual for more information (SetIndexStyle)

Reason: