errors 4108 and 4051

Hi,

I got a trailing routing that produce these two errors: 4108 and 4051.

I revise the code but I can not find the bug.

- Revision of open trades goes from OrdersTotal() parameter to 1. With 3 orders, produce 3, 2, 1.

- OrderSelect is also decrese by 1. so i get 2, 1, 0

But the log show messages like:

2009.11.06 00:28:49 RAT_PT EURCAD,H1: invalid ticket for OrderModify function

2009.11.06 00:29:04 RAT_PT EURCAD,H1: error:4051

Also error 4108

It seems that the routime doesn't select the orders properly but I don't see why?

Could someone help me?

Thanks!

total = OrdersTotal();
// trailing routine
for(i=total;i>=1;i--) {
OrderSelect(i-1, SELECT_BY_POS);
if (trailing == true && OrderSymbol() == Symbol()) {
if (OrderType() == OP_BUY) {
if ((Ask - OrderStopLoss()) > gap1) {
nsl = NormalizeDouble(OrderStopLoss() + (Ask - OrderStopLoss()) * (inc / 100), Digits);
ticket = OrderModify(i-1, OrderOpenPrice(), nsl, OrderTakeProfit(), 0, CLR_NONE);
if (ticket<1) Print("error:",GetLastError());
}
}
if (OrderType() == OP_SELL) {
if ((OrderStopLoss() - Bid) > gap1) {
//if (order
nsl = NormalizeDouble(OrderStopLoss() - (OrderStopLoss() - Bid) * (inc / 100), Digits);
ticket = OrderModify(i-1, OrderOpenPrice(), nsl, OrderTakeProfit(), 0, CLR_NONE);
if (ticket<1) Print("error:",GetLastError());
}
}
}
}

Files:
file.mq4  1 kb

Replace

to

ticket = OrderModify(OrderTicket(), OrderOpenPrice(), nsl, OrderTakeProfit(), 0, CLR_NONE);

Your OrderModify() call is up the left.

OrderModify() does not return a ticket number as you seem to expect in your code. It returns a success or failure.

And the first parameter you supply to the OrderModify() should be the ticket you retrieved from the OrderSelect() - not a position number.

CB

Roger:

Replace

to

ticket = OrderModify(OrderTicket(), OrderOpenPrice(), nsl, OrderTakeProfit(), 0, CLR_NONE);

Roger,

This is OK, SELECT_BY_POS is working with positions (1,2,3,...).

When Orderselect works with tickets (SELECT_BY_TICKET), then you are right.

Jose

cloudbreaker:

OrderModify() does not return a ticket number as you seem to expect in your code. It returns a success or failure.

And the first parameter you supply to the OrderModify() should be the ticket you retrieved from the OrderSelect() - not a position number.

CB

This has no influence en the result of the command itself.

As you can see, the following line is ticket < 1, only works to control error (it happens).

So I am not expecting a ticket, (lets say was a fast translation), but I am waiting a error code, no a ticket.

cloudbreaker:

CB

Thanks, It was a stupid one.

Issue solved.

Reason: