TP and SL does not modify

Hello to all,

I have a code that does run without errors. Not saying it is profitable. It is just a code to practice with. The code was originally set up to only sell. This was done with the help of a others here. Thank you. I have flipped the code so as it will now buy. This action was done many weeks ago and I have been working both ever since.

The problem is that when I run the sell side, and investigate the results, I see that the SL has 6 pips. The TP has 4 pips. When I try to modify SL or TP, There is no change. Now I am not modifing the EA in and of itself. It is the Strategy Tester, Expert Properties, where I do the modifing of SL and TP.

This is where it gets very confusing. When I modify the buy side of the code. There are no problems.

For comparison, I put the two codes side by side, and investigated line by line. It is just a flip.

Would anyone like to have a shot at this?

Best Trading to all,

Huckleberry

you know that TP/SL have some limits defined by broker. some broker require at least 10 pips from current price, so you can modify or set tp/sl. You may check that

fx1.net wrote >>
you know that TP/SL have some limits defined by broker. some broker require at least 10 pips from current price, so you can modify or set tp/sl. You may check that

Hello fx1.net,

Thank you for your reply. That is correct. The broker have limits. The problem I describe, is only with backtesting. Have not tried forward. And that I can not get the SL/TP to gain any distance. The SL is stuck at 6 and the TP is stuck at 4 pips. I was trying to increase the distance with the Strategy Tester, Expert Properties. This problem exists with the sell side of the code only. The other code, which is exactly the opposite of the sell side, entries, exit parameters, have no problem with a modification that I may try with the Strategy Tester, Expert Properties. The two codes, laid out side by side, are the same. With exception to Sell instead of Buy, LaunchShort vs LaunchLong, etc.

Thanks for looking.

Regards

Reason: