MT4 will only allow me to backtest back a 3 weeks

Hi, Ive tried backtesting on 5min timeframe on two different mt4's. One for interbankfx and one for ODL. Both will only allow me to go back about 3 weeks back. If i try to back further i get a blank screen saying "waiting for update". Is there any broker who lets go further back and backtest months back on mt4?

IBFX will go back much further. To go further back, you need to Disable Auto-Scroll, sit down and hit page-up or up-arrow repeatedly to get the history. Or run a script to press the keys for you.

However if it is "waiting for update" for any extended period, it is having a problem contacting the server. It may be a network problem in which case you simply have to wait, or a restart, or a closed/re-open of the chart may fix the issue.

Or download history from somewhere else (search this forum for articles on this), but the best thing to do is always use your own broker's data.

morpheus305:
Hi, Ive tried backtesting on 5min timeframe on two different mt4's. One for interbankfx and one for ODL. Both will only allow me to go back about 3 weeks back. If i try to back further i get a blank screen saying "waiting for update". Is there any broker who lets go further back and backtest months back on mt4?

Go to options -> charts -> max bars in history. Set it to 9999999999999. I get Feb/09 to now in IBFX's tester

Reason: