exporting history need help

How you all doing,

The 1, 5, 15, 30, minute history for the AUDUSD is not completely download to my drive. The data from 1999 and a few years later is all that appears. I have exported 1 hour, 4 hour, and daily with no problem. I get the 1999 to present data. It is neat to see all the old data. But the data of just the last year or two would be adequate for the short timeframes. Is there something I have missed?

Cheers

It depends on what you mean by downloaded. If you are downloading your data by scrolling the chart, then what you have is completely normal. most brokers don't allow you to download data that far back using the scroll method. You would need to import the data from an external source like Alpari history. And that source should be compatible(timezone, and price digits?).

circlesquares wrote >>

It depends on what you mean by downloaded. If you are downloading your data by scrolling the chart, then what you have is completely normal. most brokers don't allow you to download data that far back using the scroll method. You would need to import the data from an external source like Alpari history. And that source should be compatible(timezone, and price digits?).

Thank you for getting back. The old data is not a problem, circlesquares. I have been able to get the history from UWC. The history that I have been able to export has been the 1 hour, 4 hour, and the daily. Actually, I have no choice as to how far back I can export the data. They always give the 1999 year as the starting point. This is true for all timeframe.

Where the problem is, although the starting point is 1999, the data never completes to the present time. The 1 min stops sometime in 2002. The 5 min stops 2005. The 30 min some time in 2007. The data for the years 2007 to the present would be adequate. I have not the knowledge to code my system, therefore, I have printed out the timeframe for daily, AUDUSD for the last ten years and have completed it. But I would like to attempt to do the backtest for the 15 min also. But thereis no data printout.

Hope that explains better the problem.

Thanks again for any further help.

Cheers to all, and good trading

Huckleberry

Just to clarify:

you are going to history center in MetaTrader,

then choosing the symbol and period you want to import data into.

Then you click on import.

you browse for the location of your data, ensuring its for the correct symbol and period(everything has to match).

you click ok, then close. then restart metatrader.

Is that what you are doing? One thing to look for is the dates shown in the history center after you import for that period. you should be able to scroll down to see if the missing dates are even being imported. if not, then I would blame the data source.

If i'm way off from what you're talking about, then it sounds like you should start fresh and reinstall metatrader.

Hope that helps.

Reason: