Beta Testing of MetaTrader 5 Has Started! - page 6

Lenar:

Today the public testing of the MetaTrader 5 client terminal starts. All of you now can participate in it. If you want to become the testing participant, just download the terminal and test it. You can send your bug reports and suggestions by email or publish them in this topic.

For the testing period, the client terminal is offered with the English interface. If you have any difficulties, please refer to the built in Help, which is also in English.

Not sure if this counts as a bug report or simply a request for further information in English. We've ported an EA to MQL5. It doesn't work. OnTick() never gets called. What should we do next to try and get things working?

OnTrade() looks like it should come in handy once we manage to place a trade. Any documentation available on that, in any language?

fai wrote >>

I found 'mt5无法安装啊!'

After you read the license agreement, please use this tool.

I hope The development team will immediately improve the installer.

Done! Thank you!

安装上了,很不错,试试看新功能。

Hi,

i thought TickChart will be available in MetaTrader5, But after i downloaded i can't see TickChart which allow to apply indicators like Ninjatrader as example ..

Please add tickchart to the mt5 platform..

- The Styler to have properties ( visual studio c# or netbeans java like code style would be pretty good )

- Code folding

- Code refactoring

9 pt Consolas to be default font

Where the hell is the magic number for order send in MT5...how are we going to track manual versus automated trades or trades that need to be tracked if nothing will distinguish the trade returned from the broker?

Does anyone know?

ErgoRaid:

Where the hell is the magic number for order send in MT5...how are we going to track manual versus automated trades or trades that need to be tracked if nothing will distinguish the trade returned from the broker?

Does anyone know?

I think you don't need magicNumber.

The MT5 don't get separate orders for the same pair.

What is the command to reverse the direction of an indicator buffer so that it starts with shift = 0 at the latest time?

The attached test indicator places an arrow at shift = 1, but this ends up at the beginning of the series.

Files:

phampton wrote >>

What is the command to reverse the direction of an indicator buffer so that it starts with shift = 0 at the latest time?

The attached test indicator places an arrow at shift = 1, but this ends up at the beginning of the series.

Hi,

use this function in OnInit().

ArraySetAsSeries(Shift_Arrow_PositionBuffer,true);

fai wrote >>

Hi,

use this function in OnInit().

thanks fai,

scanning through the indicator examples, it seems that OnCalculate works on arrays as non-series, ie shift = 0 is not the latest bar. This is the opposite of MQL4 indicator buffers which are automatically a series

eg here's the formula for momentumin Momentum.mq5

ExtMomentumBuffer[i]=price[i]*100/price[i-ExtMomentumPeriod];

No problem, it's only a temporary confusion. I have written my first indicator to help me understand how things work, see MA cross, attached.

Files:
maccross.mq5  6 kb
Reason: