Beta Testing of MetaTrader 5 Has Started! - page 25

I've been trying the OBJ_BUTTON. It''s a welcome addition to MetaTrader to include mouse events.

The button behaves strangely though: clicking on the button does not change its appearance. If it is to operate like a normal Windows button, it should appear depressed after a Windows MOUSE_DOWN message, then pop up again with the Windows MOUSE_UP message. This is all before a MT5 CHARTEVENT_OBJECT_CLICK message is generated.

It would also be great to introduce a CHARTEVENT_OBJECT_HOVER event, although I recognise that this may introduce performance issues. Another alternative is to introduce tooltips, ie text that appears near an object when the mouse hovers over it.

phampton:

I've been trying the OBJ_BUTTON. It''s a welcome addition to MetaTrader to include mouse events.

The button behaves strangely though: clicking on the button does not change its appearance. If it is to operate like a normal Windows button, it should appear depressed after a Windows MOUSE_DOWN message, then pop up again with the Windows MOUSE_UP message. This is all before a MT5 CHARTEVENT_OBJECT_CLICK message is generated.

It would also be great to introduce a CHARTEVENT_OBJECT_HOVER event, although I recognise that this may introduce performance issues. Another alternative is to introduce tooltips, ie text that appears near an object when the mouse hovers over it.

Have you seen the ChartInChart expert in Examples?

Also you can see TradePad as sample.

MQL5 Help (Russian) for ArrayMaximum() function incorrectly says that 2nd parameter is count and the 3rd is start. Tooltip help (when typing the function) suggests that start is the 2nd and count is the 3rd parameter, which seems to be correct. Got myself quite desperate before figured that out.

circlesquares:

Also, I want to note that the mt4objects.mqh is very under done, and I would only keep some of the functions. There are functions(ObjectSet, ObjectGet) which require a modifier now and use different constants, Making a conversion would be difficult and the resulting code would probably be slow. I would recommend to manually convert at least those object functions to mql5 equivalents. I found out the hard way how different some things were when porting some of my code.

OK, I couldn't help myself. Did it anyways, and it shouldn't be slow or anything.

It's more compatible now, doesn't limit MQL5 capabilities and should just be plain easier to use than the standard way.

Files:

Hi, my metaeditor(mql5) open but not the platform ? (mt5) Called my IT but can't find anything anormal on my computer. am i the only one experimenting this ?

thank you

Rosh:

Have you seen the ChartInChart expert in Examples?

Also you can see TradePad as sample.

Thanks Rosh - these are good examples. My comments were based on the code example in the MQL5 help

I don't know if this bug or not but it is visually annoying.

Do this:

1. Buy Stop (any where way above the ask).
  2. On chart, put your cursor at the placed buy stop order (the cursor will show up/down arrow) but don't move/modify the order.
  3. middle click to activate Crosshair mode.
  4. (in crosshair mode) left click and hold then...
  5. drag it to some point above / below (to popup measure count)

Annoying Part happen when you do that is the up/down arrow is blocking popup measure count value.

and... one more thing...

This annoying thing gives me an idea, how about when we do that, the popup measure count not just gives "x bar count / y pip count / y price value" but also "stop loss / take profit" projection in money value.

and when we do right click it will bring the modify order window with y price value added to stop loss/take profit.

hi sorry to doublepost, but really need help, I deinstaled and reinstall and I get the same problem, my metaeditor open but the platform doesen't even make a peek to the cpu.. every other program (incluing mt4 plaform) work really fine... anyone ?? have to plug me ea a.s.a.p. thank you

There are 7 errors in AccountInfo.mqh while compiling.

'MACD Sample.mq5' MACD Sample.mq5 1 1
'Trade.mqh' Trade.mqh 1 1
'SymbolInfo.mqh' SymbolInfo.mqh 1 1
'PositionInfo.mqh' PositionInfo.mqh 1 1
'AccountInfo.mqh' AccountInfo.mqh 1 1
'IndicatorsCollection.mqh' IndicatorsCollection.mqh 1 1
'Indicators.mqh' Indicators.mqh 1 1
'Indicator.mqh' Indicator.mqh 1 1
'ArrayObj.mqh' ArrayObj.mqh 1 1
'Array.mqh' Array.mqh 1 1
'Object.mqh' Object.mqh 1 1
'ArrayDouble.mqh' ArrayDouble.mqh 1 1
'ENUM_TRADING_OPERATION' - static or extern declaration without type AccountInfo.mqh 41 58
'trade_operation' - comma expected AccountInfo.mqh 41 81
'ENUM_TRADING_OPERATION' - static or extern declaration without type AccountInfo.mqh 322 58
'trade_operation' - comma expected AccountInfo.mqh 322 81
'expert' - struct member is undefined Trade.mqh 166 14
conversion possible loss of data Trade.mqh 166 26
'expert' - struct member is undefined Trade.mqh 262 14
conversion possible loss of data Trade.mqh 262 26
'expert' - struct member is undefined Trade.mqh 311 14
'expert' - struct member is undefined Trade.mqh 332 39
'trade_operation' - undeclared identifier AccountInfo.mqh 324 41
'AccountFreeMarginCheck' - function is not defined AccountInfo.mqh 324 11
'OP_BUY' - undeclared identifier MACD Sample.mq5 403 37
11 error(s), 2 warning(s) 1 1
Reason: