Beta Testing of MetaTrader 5 Has Started! - page 20

For MetaQuotes

I suggest consistent terminology when refering to trades and deals in the English User Guide.

The section Trading / Common Priciples defines Order, Trade and Position very well, but then the user guide talks about Deals. It took me some time to realise that deal and trade are the same. I suggest the term "deal" for less confusion because some people will think of trade as a complete entry and exit from the market.

Cheers

Jellybean

For MetaQuotes

Are you interested in suggested improvements to the English used in the English User Guide, for example simpler grammar or more correct word usage? If so, is this forum the best way to make suggestions?

Jellybean

For MetaQuotes

In the English User Guide / User Interface / Status Bar, the last line says:

"The status bar can be disabled by removing the check near the corresponding point of the "Insert" menu."

It should say "... "View" menu." The link correctly takes the reader to the section on the View menu.

Cheers

Jellybean

fai:

This is my MQL4 to MQL5 porting table .

Maybe useful for someone.

# ver.0.2

# Fixed a spelling error.

# Added extern,iMA,iMAOnArray.

Very useful, thanks

You have Alert() in red. I noticed that it does exist, ie the intellisense recognises it and it compiles. They've just forgotten to document it.

TableColumns (maybe not correct component name) to be resizable in Object Lists window

This window really need some upgrade :-) Deleting all, deleting selected, searching for objects, grouping objects, etc.

Ability to move chart to the specified time in the window. Like we find line number via Go To Line... option in editors

In D1, W1, and M1 it's easy to go back in window. But what abt in 15 minute chart??? Say, I want to go 2007.17.27... To do it I must move chart by hand and i think it's inconvenient

keiji wrote >>

KONNICHIWA.

This is a MT4 script to rewrite from mq4 to mq5.

-mq4 file ---> MT4/exterts/files folder

-run this script (input file name mq4 & mq5)

extern ---> input

Account function rewrite

String function rewrite

Add any code the top of init,start and deinit

yet...

-I changed the function in ver2

-ver3(rewrite [init,deinit,start])

mq4 file --->MT4/extperts/files

run this script(input mq4 file name,and select file type)

-ver4(Insert include, fixed end of return() in OnCalculate)

we can use some helpfull includes thanks to circlesquares!

KONNICHIWA Keiji,

it'a a pleasure to see that someone is working so hard and quick to write very useful and clever pieces of code.

I tried it as I would like to convert some of my EAs and Indicators (like probably the majority of the community members that would like to convert all their stuff before MT5 will become official) but I am not able to find the converted files.

I get the message "Complete Writing!" but I cannot find the converted mq5 file anywhere...

This is what I did:

1. copy the 4 files of your scripts in ..\experts\scripts

2. open MT4 and execute the script (I tried all 4)

3. type the file name that I saved in ..\experts\files

4. click "ok"

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for your idea

G.enio

Switzerland

giorgenio:

KONNICHIWA Keiji,

it'a a pleasure to see that someone is working so hard and quick to write very useful and clever pieces of code.

I tried it as I would like to convert some of my EAs and Indicators (like probably the majority of the community members that would like to convert all their stuff before MT5 will become official) but I am not able to find the converted files.

I get the message "Complete Writing!" but I cannot find the converted mq5 file anywhere...

This is what I did:

1. copy the 4 files of your scripts in ..\experts\scripts

2. open MT4 and execute the script (I tried all 4)

3. type the file name that I saved in ..\experts\files

4. click "ok"

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for your idea

G.enio

Switzerland

giorgenio - the mq5 file is written into the same files folder that you copied the mq4 file into.

KONNICHIWA Keiji - thanks for producing a useful conversion tool. I imagine that it will normally need quite a bit of extra work to get the converted EA working properly, but it will help greatly with the hackwork of translating all the functions

What's the Project tab in metaeditor navigator window ?

Are this what u called the Project gonna be something that will create a folder, scripts, indicators, experts, and includes anywhere in my computer and even if i want to create additional includes it will move it automatically right into the folder i selected to be created in and compile it all ???? Or we will use Drag'n'Drop technology yet ???

Or maybe not programmed completely? What's it or what it will be ???

I dont think I can trade forex anymore even I like it, THANX TO THOSE BLIND LAW MAKERS, THEY JUST DONT UNDERSTAND. begining DEC we will no longer have 1:200 leverage instead there will be 1:2 leverage. SO IF YOU WANT TO LEARN ABOUT MT5 I SUGGEST YOU THINK TWICE.
Reason: