Beta Testing of MetaTrader 5 Has Started! - page 13

Seems errors and problems just getting the think to install and then load a chart is the biggest problem here.

I am very hoping MetaTrader5 can have Ask price chart as well, it help investors to test scalping EA, since there are no more hedge in MetaTrader5 --> peoples will turn to use scalping strategy

thanks, Lenar

stringo wrote >>

8. No tick charts because too much resources on the server side used

No tick charts --> do .hst or fxt file save all ticks ?

i think mt4 occupy too much hdd space and cpu, after u test a symbol over 10 times ~~

JPS:

Seems errors and problems just getting the think to install and then load a chart is the biggest problem here.

Main problem fixed.

USEFUL INFORMATION:

Doesn't work on XP service pack 1. Must be service pack 2 or higher.

MT5 Beta at times keeps reconnecting...causing chart to flash. Relogin seems to of fixed that for now.

OTHER:

Just wanted to add that I am extremely shocked that left and right fib ray was added, but levels colors can't be changed independently.

Almost EVERY other charting package out there has that option. I always considered MetaTrader the best....so I must say I am very surprised!!

Hello,

You have corrected drawing trendline - its good, but what if the values shown during drawing could stay visible after the left mouse button is released (as an option)?

Another request - please correct the crosshair, so that there is no need to click the button each time I want to mark another line (the same for trendline). Also a desired option - to choose the size of the font.

Regards.

Good?

Vladon:

Good?

HI sir,

Seems interresting, unfortunetly, unreadble for non Russian people ... would be nice if you could give us in English ( well I'ld prefer in French but no dreaming.. :) )..

Perhaps in a moment who knows..

Daniel

Kalakaua2:

I am also considering the alternatives at this time. MT5 isn't even close to ready for prime time. They need to do a lot of work in a very short period of time; they have really left a lot of traders and developers out to dry.

Yes guys.... the people at MetaTrader don't realize the level of trouble MT5 has created......by not allowing Hedge...and back compatibility. We all wish them well but are now cultivating our alternatives....

Why have the toolbars increased in height? Is there way to reduce their size (same as MT4) to maximise the available space for charts?

Cheers

Jellybean

Hey guys. This is a gift for anyone who wants all the functions listed under timeseries access from mql4 back. They include: iHigh, iLow, iOpen, iClose, iTime, iVolume, iHighest, iLowest, iBarShift, and iBars.

Things to note:

You can send timeframe as int type or the new ENUM_TIMEFRAMES type. so 240 will work just as well as PERIOD_H4.
The iBarShift isnt prepared to deal with inexact times. so setting bool exact=false won't make a difference. it will always try exact for now.

Also I have the iVolume returning an int instead of the new preferred long type. I figured, volumes fit within an int type in mql4, so at least for backwards compatibility, i'll keep it as int.

Let me know if it was useful, or if something wasn't completely compatible.

Later

Updated: 10/20/2009
the old one has bug in iHighest, iLowest

See: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/121011/page18 for all the updated includes.

Files:
Reason: