Beta Testing of MetaTrader 5 Has Started! - page 12

Not sure if I found a bug or if its by design, but after a minute of local time, the bar data from a tf that is not loaded on a chart seems to be cleared.

so if i'm on H4 and I call on my new iHigh function like:

Print(iHigh(NULL,PERIOD_H3,11));//we are asking for the high of the 12th bar on H3

that will on first call fail. but then if I call it again in under a minute, it will work. If we wait a minute further, it will fail. So their seems to be some clearing of the bar data on a consistent basis, and it doesn't get recreated until we force it by calling on it. problem is, it isn't recreating the data until AFTER my function is returned. Hope that explains it clearly.

So is this a bug or is their a workaround that we should be using?

There is a "code generate error" bug in the compiler.

Compile the attached file with F5 in MetaEditor twice. A "code generate error" is produced the second time.

Tab to a different file and compile that, then tab back to this file, and it compiles OK.

Files:
testlog.mq5  6 kb

Hello,

I have two questions to the future features of MT5:

1. Will it be possible to debug on historic data? That means: Will it be possible to debug an ExpertAdvisor inside strategy tester? As far as I've seen currently, since tester is not implemented yet, one can only start debugging from within MetaEditor which I find only useful for debugging indicators and scripts on the current chart window.

2. Will there be conditional breakpoints?

Thank you very much for clarifying answers.

FileSeek() is documented as returning bool, but intellisense lists it as returning void. It incorrectly returns false in the attached.

Also, is it possible for FileSeek() to work when the file has been opened with file parameter FILE_SHARE_READ?

Files:
testseek.mq5  2 kb

Sildre wrote >>

Hello,

I have two questions to the future features of MT5:

1. Will it be possible to debug on historic data? That means: Will it be possible to debug an ExpertAdvisor inside strategy tester? As far as I've seen currently, since tester is not implemented yet, one can only start debugging from within MetaEditor which I find only useful for debugging indicators and scripts on the current chart window.

2. Will there be conditional breakpoints?

Thank you very much for clarifying answers.

1. Yes

2. No. You can do it yourself with DebugBreak function

damnpenguins:

Hi everyone,

I am unable to install on Win XP (through Parallels running on OSX).

I am getting the error "Failed to receive required privileges"

Any hints?

The installer wont even run, all I get is an error popup with that text above.

cheers

YEP! Same exact problem here.

Can't figure it out for nothing. I tried on windows 2000, and popup said XP or higher.

Problem is the 1st computer I tried it on is XP and it gave me the same error you have.

I'm getting "

Password For SSL Ceriticate

"

Please sew attached.

Any Ideas?

Hello,

I'd like to propose a number of changes regarding the functionality of MT5 analysis tools, specifically the Elliott Wave, Gann and Fibonacci tools. However since MT5 is at this time in a beta testing phase already and the suggestions I'd make would constitute functional enhancements/modifications (instead of merely programming error fixes) I'd like to know if MetaQuotes is even willing to consider such changes at this time.

marlintrdg:

I'm getting "

"

Please sew attached.

Any Ideas?

Never mind I've scraped this, I'll just use MT4 until I can find something else to use.

marlintrdg:

I'm getting "

"

Please sew attached.

Any Ideas?

Check the help file....I don't think you have a problem....follow the instructions....Long Live MT4 (with Hedge)

Reason: