Beta Testing of MetaTrader 5 Has Started! - page 10

The biggest disadvantage of US brokers is the no hedging policy. Hedging has never been a great strategy in my opinion. However having multiple trades does not mean it is a hedging strategy. I may be long on a 4 hour chart with a target of 200 pips, and making several scalping trades for 10 pips each both long and short on the retracements. The way this is set up limits the amount of trades we are able to do and ultimately reduces my income greatly.

And of course the all time favorite suggestion...Detachable charts for us multi monitor traders. I am tired of downloading 6 platforms with different names just for each screen. Been asking for that one for years!

Multiple strategies can analyse orders and deals history by theyr magics

iancollins wrote >>

The biggest disadvantage of US brokers is the no hedging policy. Hedging has never been a great strategy in my opinion. However having multiple trades does not mean it is a hedging strategy. I may be long on a 4 hour chart with a target of 200 pips, and making several scalping trades for 10 pips each both long and short on the retracements. The way this is set up limits the amount of trades we are able to do and ultimately reduces my income greatly.

And of course the all time favorite suggestion...Detachable charts for us multi monitor traders. I am tired of downloading 6 platforms with different names just for each screen. Been asking for that one for years!

Ditto. Seems an obvious one, this day and age.

Dear Mr.Stringo

These are my comments for the moment, relative to MT5 Beta.

1. The debugger looks to run for EAs and scripts but NOT for indicators.

Is it a bug or I do something wrong?

The variables watch needs a lot of job to be useful.

Something like the debugging of Matlab could be also very helpful.

2. A free hand tool can be very helpful.

3. Time Frame should be customizable and be any integer number like in other platforms.

4. Tick charts should be also available to the users for any use.

5. Hedging policy USA/Non-USA should be included as selection.

6. I have a PC with 4 CPUs. MT4 uses only one of the four CPUs in strategy testing.

It is common sense that this problem should be solved independently how fast is the execution in new version.

7. More examples should be added in a next version of MT5.

Asteris wrote >>

Dear Mr.Stringo

These are my comments for the moment, relative to MT5 Beta.

1. The debugger looks to run for EAs and scripts but NOT for indicators.

Is it a bug or I do something wrong?

The variables watch needs a lot of job to be useful.

Something like the debugging of Matlab could be also very helpful.

2. A free hand tool can be very helpful.

3. Time Frame should be customizable and be any integer number like in other platforms.

4. Tick charts should be also available to the users for any use.

5. Hedging policy USA/Non-USA should be included as selection.

6. I have a PC with 4 CPUs. MT4 uses only one of the four CPUs in strategy testing.

It is common sense that this problem should be solved independently how fast is the execution in new version.

7. More examples should be added in a next version of MT5.

1. Not bug. As designed. Indicator debugging will be available with tester.

2. What do you mean?

3. No. What is start time for 7-minutes? It's undefined

4. May be. But 95 percents of users don't need for tick charts

5. No.

6. Single strategy tester uses only one CPU. Optimisation will be use all possible CPUs

7. Yes.

stringo:

1. Not bug. As designed. Indicator debugging will be available with tester.

2. What do you mean?

3. No. What is start time for 7-minutes? It's undefined

4. May be. But 95 percents of users don't need for tick charts

5. No.

6. Single strategy tester uses only one CPU. Optimisation will be use all possible CPUs

7. Yes.

Dear Mr. Stringo, I thank You for all your answers.

2. I mean, sometimes traders would like to have a pencil like tool to make some hand made curves on the chart during trading.

It could be possible to be kept on the chart as objects, like the trend lines, Fibo levels etc.

3. I mean to have, except the M1, M2, ...M5 etc charts, the possibility to receive any Mx chart where x is an integer (in minutes) selected by the user.

I cannot believe that NinjaTrader programmers did it for many different of interval settings i.e. Number of tick bars, Range Bars etc one year now and Metaquotes programmers do not have the ability to do it.

MetaTrader is a much better platform in other aspects than Ninja Trader and should have it.

4. I am used to be on this 5%, which also likes to use your software and bring it at its limits.

Few more things

1> As you also know. many users worry about the creation of objects which was possible to be used inside MT4 indicators.

This is not possible in MT5 indicators because it will made late the run of indicators or other?

2>I wonder if it is possible in a future version to call MT4 indicators from MT5 indicators or EAs, using a NEW special created by Metaquotes call function, like to make call of a dll file.

Of course it will have a cost on running time but definitely it can save a lot of time to some percent of the traders.

Thanks

m1, m2, m3, m4, m5, m6, m10, m12, m15, m20, m30 started with every hour always! There are cyclic timeframes

With what hour m7 should be started? From 1970.01.01 0:00? m7 is not cyclic, therefore too long time should be wasted. From your data begin? or from my data begin? But we have different begin dates. Second, through data pumping non-cycling timeframes will be rebuilt and bar times will be changed on fly!

I'm finding this useful as I gradually work out how to code in MQL5, since I couldn't find anything in the code examples supplied.

Two functions at this stage:

• ErrorDescription() - similar to the one in MT4's stdlib
  • RetCodeToStr() - converts the MqlTradeResult.retcode of OrderSend to a string
Files:
enumtostr.mqh  9 kb

Bugs / suggestions:

1) BUG: Current W1 candle/bar disappears when new tick arrives, only reappears when you do a refresh (right click chart, then select refresh).

2) DDE server functionality is not present (was present in MT4), please do not abolish this feature.

3) Ability to detach charts, i.e. to move them outside terminal window (helpful for multi-monitor users)

4) Ability to manually set the spread used by strategy tester (in MT4 it uses the prevailing spread at the moment you click start, very annoying if you are running tests outside market hours when spreads widen).

5) Ability in strategy tester to access mulitple symbols (I know this is complex but can't you at least give us that ability for the 'open prices only' model)

6) Ability to create 'spread' charts (useful for futures traders looking at calendar spreads). Example instead of just charting CLX9 (crude oil future Nov 09) I would like to chart based on an algebraic formula such as CLZ9-CLX9 (a calendar spread). A leading charting package for the futures market must have this ability to compete with other futures charting software.

7) Where has the History Centre gone?

8) Tick charts are used by many futures traders that I know, including me (it may be more than just 5% of traders that you suggest). Please make them fully available for use in main chart windows (not just market watch) so that we can add indicators to them.

Thanks,

Pipalot

phampton wrote >>

I'm finding this useful as I gradually work out how to code in MQL5, since I couldn't find anything in the code examples supplied.

Two functions at this stage:

• ErrorDescription() - similar to the one in MT4's stdlib
  • RetCodeToStr() - converts the MqlTradeResult.retcode of OrderSend to a string

Yes of course. It will be

Reason: