MarketWatch Clock - Where is this set?!

Hello,

Sorry if this is a silly question but I really am confused with the time on my chart (candles) and on the Marketwatch.

If it is 7:45 am in London, and 16:45 in Brisbane Australia, my clock says in MetaTrader has 8:45 ..

Does anyone know where this is set.. I imagine it is the server but then I would have expected it to be on New York time or something.

I just can't figure out which country and where this time comes from.

Thanks

Sounds like your broker's server (like many including Alpari UK) works on CET (Central European Time) wihich is GMT+1.

CB

Ok that makes sense then.
Thank you very much

All Oz-based brokers I have seen feeds for use one of three European timezones (GMT, GMT+1 or GMT+2)
Often without any summer/winter changes

-BB-

KevinHorizon:

Hello,

Sorry if this is a silly question but I really am confused with the time on my chart (candles) and on the Marketwatch.

If it is 7:45 am in London, and 16:45 in Brisbane Australia, my clock says in MetaTrader has 8:45 ..

Does anyone know where this is set.. I imagine it is the server but then I would have expected it to be on New York time or something.

I just can't figure out which country and where this time comes from.

Thanksi

G'day KevinHorizon

Yours is NOT a silly question. I have the same annoying problem, and I live at GMT-4h only. It's a real nuisance to be looking at different time references at the same "time": the time on my watch/computer and the times displayed on both the MT4's charts and on my account's history as displayed on the platform. I find myself forced to be doing mental time conversions, getting confused and wasting precious time! The MT4 people should urgently come up with a solution, which I think is not complicated at all. It could be as follows: always use & keep track of the server's time as the "official time", but permit the user the activation of an option to add/subtract a certain number of hours from the GMT for display and local record keeping/reporting purposes only. Is that so terribly complicated?

MT4 is a great platform to trade, so why not get to work and perfect it even further?

Cheers

Mario wrote >>

G'day KevinHorizon

Yours is NOT a silly question. I have the same annoying problem, and I live at GMT-4h only. It's a real nuisance to be looking at different time references at the same "time": the time on my watch/computer and the times displayed on both the MT4's charts and on my account's history as displayed on the platform. I find myself forced to be doing mental time conversions, getting confused and wasting precious time! The MT4 people should urgently come up with a solution, which I think is not complicated at all. It could be as follows: always use & keep track of the server's time as the "official time", but permit the user the activation of an option to add/subtract a certain number of hours from the GMT for display and local record keeping/reporting purposes only. Is that so terribly complicated?

MT4 is a great platform to trade, so why not get to work and perfect it even further?

Cheers

Mario,

I actually went looking for a clock indicator on the website. I found ' cloq ' which I will need to modify.

Maybe that could help you.

Thanks everyone.

[Deleted]:

Mario,

I actually went looking for a clock indicator on the website. I found ' cloq ' which I will need to modify.

Maybe that could help you.

Thanks everyone.

A clock indicator? lol that sounds funny but Im gonna give it a try :D have the same annoying problem

Jasmine:
 A clock indicator? lol that sounds funny but Im gonna give it a try :D have the same annoying problem
You just replied to a 12 year old post by somebody that has been banned. Surely deserves a badge or something 😁
Reason: