Security issues when using a VPS to trade? - page 2

i used ucvhost, it's a complete disaster, first they turn on and off your mt4 while you are not online, then they created a 2 way mirror where i close down an mt4 and for some reason it is still making trades (in the mirror account to which I have no access, if anyone gets stuck with this the trick is to change password for your mt4 so that it immediately blocks out the mirror account)

i need a new vps provider :(

Hi Niko,

I suggest you Google Search VPS mt4 guide .

The VPS guide will teach you how to set yout mt4 work correctly on vps

For this turn on and off your mt4 while you are not online

I believe the vps staff doesn't have so much time do so, most probably is the server restart, your mt4 also execute, but due to wrong setting, your EA didn't auto execute.

they created a 2 way mirror where i close down an mt4 and for some reason it is still making trades

This occur might due to double session/double login problem

more info on vps mt4 setting here http://www.belajarforexpro.com/vps/vps.pdf

I myself is using vpsland (USD$18/month), use about 5 months, satisfied with it

Thanks

from

erekit

http://100k2.blogspot.com/

Greetings all,

First of all, my apologies for bumping this old thread, but I share the same security concerns. As a possible solution for this issue, without any manual intervention, I'm thinking about a way that can be found in modern software: online validation. I'm not exactly familiar how these procedures work, but I would suggest the following.

Run a client executable during the Init() part of the code, which sends the MAC address and/or IP address from the given VPS server to another server/PC, where the server part of this executable validates this information and returns an encrypted confirmation to the VPS server. Once all these steps are done, a boolean like 'TradingAllowed' will switch from 'false' to 'true'.

I welcome any suggestions, feedback, or comments!

Jim

If you have an EA that is capable of making money then, IMO, you should do this properly. Get your own 1U server and us co-location facilities. Then you have full control of your box and can lock out staff at the co-location facility.

RaptorUK:
If you have an EA that is capable of making money then, IMO, you should do this properly. Get your own 1U server and us co-location facilities. Then you have full control of your box and can lock out staff at the co-location facility.

That would be good solution for traders with a good background knowledge of system administration.

Apart from that, I would prefer an own server or hosted VPS, which is located nearby my broker (not in my country) because of the latency, but also on other centers just in case of emergency (Tier II, I guess?).

Jim

VirtualReal:

[...] Run a client executable during the Init() part of the code, which sends the MAC address and/or IP address from the given VPS server to another server/PC, where the server part of this executable validates this information and returns an encrypted confirmation to the VPS server. Once all these steps are done, a boolean like 'TradingAllowed' will switch from 'false' to 'true'. [...]

Won't do much good as it can easily be decompiled...

gordon:
Won't do much good as it can easily be decompiled...

Dang, good point.
Since your post is already from 2 years ago, have you found a satisfying solution?

Just get a VPS/DS at a big hosting company... Spend your time on making your EA profitable and ignore all those theoretical "security" issues.

hi, gordon: long time no c welcome back

I'm not a fan of plugging products, but I would like to bring Guardian under the attention.
This encryption & license validation tool did a great job for me. The free version is suitable for normal users.

https://www.fx1.net/wiki/pmwiki.php/Guardian/Guardian

Reason: