Text on multiple places

Hello.

I am using a couple different indicators that put various text on the charts (sell/buy entry text, price targets, etc). Right now, I'm using 2 indicators and they both place text on the upper left - however, when both are on, I can't read one of the indicator's text because it is hidden behind the other indicator's text.

When using multiple indicators, is there a way to position each indicator text in a different part of the chart so I can read both texts? I'll post an example for you to look at.

Another thing - the IBFX wave indicator will not allow me to edit in Meta Editor which means (I suppose) that I'll have to edit the other indicators that I add onto the charts.

I read this but it doesn't say if it'll work with multiple indicators working at the same time. https://book.mql4.com/functions/objects

Thanks for the help.

propipper:

Hello.

I am using a couple different indicators that put various text on the charts (sell/buy entry text, price targets, etc). Right now, I'm using 2 indicators and they both place text on the upper left - however, when both are on, I can't read one of the indicator's text because it is hidden behind the other indicator's text.

When using multiple indicators, is there a way to position each indicator text in a different part of the chart so I can read both texts? I'll post an example for you to look at.

Another thing - the IBFX wave indicator will not allow me to edit in Meta Editor which means (I suppose) that I'll have to edit the other indicators that I add onto the charts.

I read this but it doesn't say if it'll work with multiple indicators working at the same time. https://book.mql4.com/functions/objects

Thanks for the help.

Hi propipper

It sounds as though you are using the Comment() function to display your text. Comment() always puts the text in the top left corner of the window.

If you use the function ObjectCreate() you can display two other types of text. Type OBJ_TEXT is referenced to the time and price on the chart so the text moves with the bars as time goes by. Type OBJ_LABEL is referenced to pixels in the window so it stays in one place as the bars move along.

Cheers

Jellybean

Reason: