Missing tool bars

When I load my FXCM- BT platform none of the toolbars or status bar are displayed. I've tried saving new profile and Templates as well. No cigar.

My other platforms all work fine and display everything as set.

Ideas? Suggestions? Brilliant solutions?

TIA

Keith

kminler:

When I load my FXCM- BT platform none of the toolbars or status bar are displayed. I've tried saving new profile and Templates as well. No cigar.

My other platforms all work fine and display everything as set.

Ideas? Suggestions? Brilliant solutions?

I'm hesitant even to suggest this, but you have made sure that everything you want is ticked under View/Toolbars?

jjc wrote >>

I'm hesitant even to suggest this, but you have made sure that everything you want is ticked under View/Toolbars?

Yeah I checked all the obvious things....I suspect it might be platform specific, I don't have this problem with FXDD or ATC-FX Pro.

thanks for the suggestion

Keith

kminler:

Yeah I checked all the obvious things....I suspect it might be platform specific, I don't have this problem with FXDD or ATC-FX Pro.

thanks for the suggestion

In which case, I'm going for some sort of corruption of config\terminal.ini - unless you've already tried that as well. You could try simply renaming the file (so that MT4 automatically creates a new one on startup), or you could see if the settings mean that any of the toolbars have been de-docked to floating positions which are off the screen.

jjc wrote >>

In which case, I'm going for some sort of corruption of config\terminal.ini - unless you've already tried that as well. You could try simply renaming the file (so that MT4 automatically creates a new one on startup), or you could see if the settings mean that any of the toolbars have been de-docked to floating positions which are off the screen.

WOW opened the config\terminal file(for the first time ever), lots of interesting stuff in there, I cannot see any reference to undocking tool bars, (not that Iwould recognise it if I did see it). Lots of MRUDock, but I don't know what that refers to, also some float parameters but I am way over my head here. Makes me realize that i have a lot going on, 12 charts open with many indicators, some of them quite heavy, is it possible the system is overloaded? I don't really think so, system is not bogged down and seems to handle the load.

I don't understand your suggestion to rename the file, the config/terminal file? Seems a little dangerous to me, or did you mean the Profile or Template files.

I have already tried re-naming and re-setting both Profile and template names.

Again, thanks for your help.

Keith

kminler:

I don't understand your suggestion to rename the file, the config/terminal file? Seems a little dangerous to me, or did you mean the Profile or Template files.

If you rename it (e.g. to "terminal.ini.old") then you have a backup in case you need it, and MT4 will automatically create a new terminal.ini with default settings when it restarts. That may fix the problem. If it doesn't, you can delete the new terminal.ini and rename the old file back again. (All this needs to be done while MT4 is not running.)

jjc wrote >>

If you rename it (e.g. to "terminal.ini.old") then you have a backup in case you need it, and MT4 will automatically create a new terminal.ini with default settings when it restarts. That may fix the problem. If it doesn't, you can delete the new terminal.ini and rename the old file back again. (All this needs to be done while MT4 is not running.)

hey JJC

In a million years I never would have figured that out on my own. Your solution worked like a charm!!!!

Many many thanks!!!!

Keith

Awesome solution! THANKS. It's 7 years later and it still works... with one slight adjustment. Instead of the easy to find

Program Files>Metatrader>Config>terminal.ini file,

you'll need veiw hidden files in your File Explorer to get to the one in a hidden data folder under your

Users>(user name)>App data>Roaming>MetaQuotes>Terminal>(32 digit random alpha numeric)>Config>terminal.ini 

only one of the 32 digit alphanumeric folders should contain a Config folder.

or just open data folder under the file menu to locate. ( I probably could have said that first. )

Reason: