Learning programming for the MT platform: Start now or wait until v5 is out ? - page 3

So I guess you started learning, didn't you? ;)

start now.

begin and learn "C++ for Dummies".

ErrorProgrammer wrote >>
So I guess you started learning, didn't you? ;)

Hi,

I’m definitely clawing my way up the learning curve of ForEx & MT and I’m making progress so as always I am learning something, but not MQL as of yet.

At the moment I am trying to figure out what and where the MT Terminal’s log/file is and then export it to a SpreadSheet &/or DataBase for analysis.

Besides, you already have the nick that would be appropriate for me if and when I do start; so how could I ? . (< 8)

Start learning MQL4 now, because:

1. if You know MQL4 the only thing in MQL5 to change in your programs will be names of a couple of start() init() deinit() functions.

2. if you know MQL4 the transition to mql5 will be smooth.

3. if you know mql5 you will know C language as well because they are VERY close.

4. due to providing structures and other improvements in MQL5, there will be a LOT of new possibilities to merge MQL5 with any database, math, statistical packages etc.

Despite my decision to wait for MT/MQL 5, which is supposedly VERY close to being released now, I got pulled into programming MQL4 because I want to add a Stop Loss into a existing mql4 EA. Rather humorous considering how close MT/MQL5 is now. Mind you, we are all aware of the number of significant delays in the release of a new programs and/or major updates. It’s so close now: I almost made it LoL (< 8)

SinTax

Not being someone that consumes 'desire' based products, I've never really objected to 'SinTaxes', but I can't say that I care much for this 'SynTax' at all.

TheEconomist wrote >>
You can start learning the MQL4, as I think lots of functions will remain untouched under MQL5. However MT5 will be done with respect order/position system, it will at least support events, so trading functions will be way different. It's not bad to train after all on MQL4.

I have no reply.. however, as a forex trader of many years and a tutor, I want to learn to write Ea's or code them Not robots - they are a farce an should be banned - i want to write EA for systems that work.

Can an novice like me learn.. if so, what is a good course to start with please? Like a good step by step pdf or something .. no videos..

Hate the things - how can anyone learn from these.. an hours worth of garbage to remeber all at once - sorry ma name is not einstein - please advice you guys - Thank you

FXPA

http://www.forextraderspa.com/forextradersprofitassistant.html

Reason: