The CM5 Trading Robot and System - page 3

forexlady wrote >>

Hi Kent,

Thank you for your post, I was going to leave, but I thought I will explain a little bit on how my EA operate.

I will try to explain, but forgive my bad English.

The reason most trader fail in forex trading is because they use conventional wisdom of MM. I am not saying not to us it, but if you follow the books, you will be among the 95% of losers that will do nothing more then just come online and looking for the best free EA.

My EA is designed to use the market to its advantage while safeguarding the account.

Lady,

Thanks for your explanation though I am kind of surprised about the 2 trades I mentioned, it would have taken more than 40% of your 5K balance. That is a big risk factor esp with gbp/jpy. At any rate, I donot want your EA like most here donot want it either. Just sharing of knowledge if it is possible. If you can tell me the Timeframe when you run the EA(if you donto want to tell it is fine too), I can try to deduct the logic:)

If you can share knowledge (not the EA) that is good, IF NOT that is also fine, but it would be better not to get into unnessary arguments.

Goodluck:)

forexlady wrote >>

I have been trading my robot and system for a while now.

Here are some of my report of the trades.

http://v5robot.mt4stats.com

I will add some additional accounts later.

Is this demo account or live account? Thanks.

Hi forexlady

Would it be true to say you first learned to trade successfully, then you programmed your strategy?

Cheers

Jellybean

cloudbreaker wrote >>

I can understand why the others are a bit nonplussed with your posts.

New arrivals normally:

1. Ask for help

2. Start providing help to others

and usually become:

3. 1&2 above

however, others

4. Spam the forum and try to sell stuff

Since you don't fall into the 1,2 or 3 camp, everyone assumes you are a 4.

Credibility is earned in these forums. Your comments (not least the one where you state that you don't need help - we all need help sometimes) have unfortunately equipped you with a credibility deficit. So go ahead and turn it around by starting to post your help in other threads. If you are as good as you indicate, then we'll all be more than happy to have you help us out. And don't look for irony in that sentence - there is none.

CB

Didn't you say that already???

It seems like there are a bunch of robots here. Repeating the same thing over and over. No wonder your codes can't work. LOL.

Kent wrote >>

Lady,

Thanks for your explanation though I am kind of surprised about the 2 trades I mentioned, it would have taken more than 40% of your 5K balance. That is a big risk factor esp with gbp/jpy. At any rate, I donot want your EA like most here donot want it either. Just sharing of knowledge if it is possible. If you can tell me the Timeframe when you run the EA(if you donto want to tell it is fine too), I can try to deduct the logic:)

If you can share knowledge (not the EA) that is good, IF NOT that is also fine, but it would be better not to get into unnessary arguments.

Goodluck:)

Kent,

You seem to be the only one that has an open mind.

You see, I did not come here for an argument. I started this thread with good intention. I wanted to start sharing ideas about trading with a robot, but not letting robot trade for you. Believe it or not I am a coder. Maybe not the best out here, but I know how to keep myself from losing my money.

Will I sell my robot to someone? Maybe I will. Is shat make me a bad person? I don't know. It seems like there is a lot of angry people here that are ready to throw accusation.

So I had to make it fun and play with them for a moment.

I apologize to those that had to read this ugliness, but I had to have some fun with them.

I am a lady. I am sure most of you here are MEN ready to pee around to mark the territory. I understand that.

But slow down. You don't always know everything about anyone's motive.

If you are angry with the forex market I understand. I have been there.

So stop this madness and let learn from each other. I am not here to sell you an EA. I will not.

I am ready to share my ideas to those that would like to listen.

Jellybean wrote >>

Hi forexlady

Would it be true to say you first learned to trade successfully, then you programmed your strategy?

Cheers

Jellybean

Yes. You cannot write a robot unless you know what you will want to the EA to do.

Unless your strategy is sound, your EA will be useless. Now you need to also understand also that the EA is not human and will work exactly the way it was designe to work.

It will take the trade no matter what. You need to design your EA to take into consideration the longterm Trend, The intermediate term trend and the Short term trend.

Most people wil place a ea on an account to take trade like crazy I am not in this category.

forexlady wrote >>

Yes. You cannot write a robot unless you know what you will want to the EA to do.

Unless your strategy is sound, your EA will be useless. Now you need to also understand also that the EA is not human and will work exactly the way it was designe to work.

It will take the trade no matter what. You need to design your EA to take into consideration the longterm Trend, The intermediate term trend and the Short term trend.

Most people wil place a ea on an account to take trade like crazy I am not in this category.

Yeah, that's because robots can scalp much better than humans since they have 100% attention span. It looks like a natural choice for robots and that's what people usually choose to try. I myself am a scalper with my EA. Higher timeframe robots need much better entry conditions than a scalper because they are working on clear charts. Robots working on M1 and M5 are constantly working on noise which makes clear entry signals seems much less important.

Jon

Archael wrote >>

Yeah, that's because robots can scalp much better than humans since they have 100% attention span. It looks like a natural choice for robots and that's what people usually choose to try. I myself am a scalper with my EA. Higher timeframe robots need much better entry conditions than a scalper because they are working on clear charts. Robots working on M1 and M5 are constantly working on noise which makes clear entry signals seems much less important.

Jon

Aschael,

You are right. However, in the long range most of them failed. The reason is simple: they have poor money management and not many brokers like scalper. As a trader, you will realize that most trades will, 90% of the time, goes into negative before turning into a positive trade. I am not talking about the spread. They will more likely move into a depression mode before the trade starts to show sign of return. Sometimes, EA that is designed to scalp uses negative MM. By that I mean they would take 5 or 10 pips profit and 20 to 30 pips SL or they would trade without a stop loss all together. Unless you have a style of a long-term trader, but still use the smaller time frame, your robot is a ticking bomb waiting to blow your accounts.

To me trading in a 1M or 5M chart is great, but you either have to use 1:1 MM or 2:1 MM. If you are going for 5 pips TP your SL must be 5 pips. Or if you are going for 10 pips TP, you SL must be 5 pips.

This is only my opinion and do not want people start jumping on me for saying that.

Hi forexlady

I understand what you say about MM.

You said that you or your EA considers the trends on three timeframes. Does this mean that you start and stop it manually at certain times or does the EA do that? Would you tell a little more about that, please?

Cheers

Jellybean

forexlady wrote >>

Forexlady,

Thanks for replying to some key questions and few good tips, Esp on MM and checking three timeframes. Does the 3 TF you have mentioned has any ratio of of 3:1 or 5:1. For example the TFs can be 15m, 5m, 1m? (3:1 and 5:1), or 4H,1H, 15m? (4:1).

Even if you consult 3 TFs, the criteria for entry or getting out of the trade is based on the lowest tf or any other key factor you employ?

Reason: