*** PLEASE SEARCH BEFORE POSTING *** - page 6

This week has been particularly busy with the "usual suspects" as far as questions are concerned.

New posters - PLEASE use the Search facility ( or Google ) to search this forum prior to asking questions. As a new MQL programmer think to yourself:

Am I asking a question that may affect other people?

If so, then how likely is it that I am the FIRST to discover the issue, given that I've just started?

CB

cloudbreaker:

This week has been particularly busy with the "usual suspects" as far as questions are concerned.

New posters - PLEASE use the Search facility ( or Google ) to search this forum prior to asking questions. As a new MQL programmer think to yourself:

Am I asking a question that may affect other people?

If so, then how likely is it that I am the FIRST to discover the issue, given that I've just started?

CB

From the beginning... this site has been about education primarily... according to the site administrators and their comments over time.  The search facilities have not always been the best here.  I don't think anyone could accuse me of not doing my research before asking a question to the forum. Check my comments if you like.  My experience has been that in many searches I get pages and pages of irrelevant information... that I have waded through.  So, is it any wonder that a newbie might dare to ask a question that has been asked before?  And what is so wrong for common questions to be resurfaced once in awhile for the forum to reconsider? Sometimes new information, or better solutions come about from such situations... not assuming that everything there is to know is already on the books.

However, if a person wanted to make a comment to others encouraging them to research, I have had no objection to that.

On the other hand, self appointed site vigilantes, who begin to contribute little more than hit lists of newbies asking dumb questions... I find offensive at this point, and believe strongly that this undermines the stated purpose of the site by the site administrators.  I could be wrong, and maybe they want you to start running the site for them... Personally, I think a site vigilante needs to start up their own website, so they can wield the power they feel entitled to, and create as many lists of people that they feel should suffer their embarrassment as they want... and then see how many visitors actually flock to their site...

You have more than had your say about this "issue", so this is my two cents worth!

None of us have any issue with common questions resurfacing occasionally.

Numerous times per day - even when similar questions exist a few posts down the list - are what get tiresome.

A tip for you - if you can't get the answer using the site search, then it may help to use Google to search the site (using the inurl: operator). We know that the categorisation and search facility aren't the best. However, I do still normally find the search facility useful, even if I have to scroll a bit to find what I'm looking for.

What's this about people keeping lists - first I've heard about it?? Who is doing this?

Thanks for getting this topic to the top again. :-)

CB

cloudbreaker:

None of us have any issue with common questions resurfacing occasionally.

Numerous times per day - even when similar questions exist a few posts down the list - are what get tiresome.

A tip for you - if you can't get the answer using the site search, then it may help to use Google to search the site (using the inurl: operator). We know that the categorisation and search facility aren't the best. However, I do still normally find the search facility useful, even if I have to scroll a bit to find what I'm looking for.

What's this about people keeping lists - first I've heard about it?? Who is doing this?

Thanks for getting this topic to the top again. :-)

CB

Hi CB!

Apparently you failed to do your research!  If you had researched my comments, you would know, I don't need your tips!

Here is a list you published:

Some of the repeated questions are:

- I'm getting Error 130
- How do I make my EA just do 1 order per day
- My loop to close orders isn't working reliably
- How do I know if an order is closed
- How do I use magic numbers
- How do I pass data between EAs or persist data when my EA shuts down
- How do I protect my EA from prying eyes (and decompilers)

Now none of these people asking questions are being targeted for embarrassment by you are they?  Baloney!

You are starting to burn up more site resources with content not related to MQL4 than the people you are targeting, who at least ask questions that other newbies might be asking too.  And some of the people you are influencing are posting links for the benefit of people asking questions... however, in some of those cases, the links do not actually lead to an answer to the specific question, and this simply misleads people who might actually answer the question to think it has already been answered.  So when the newbie doesn't get a question actually answered, and instead is ridiculed in the process of asking a question.... well you and your friends are likely to have the site to yourself if you keep it up, and I hope the real site administrators here take note of this, and put a stop to this site vigilantism of yours.  I guess we will all see who really runs this site and what they feel is important to post... maybe you win, maybe it is time for you to move on to other "issues."

Don't bother replying to me personally anymore.  To try to prevent this, I am going to repeat, I have made a point, and feel it should rest at that... my two cents worth, unless you feel compelled to harass me for rendering an opinion.... and that would be typical of a site vigilante or Internet bully if you like.

No one should be embarrassed for asking a question about MQL4 here.  It is in MetaQuotes Corporations best interests to promote their product, and to attract and service as many new users as they can, and I hope they don't lose sight of this on your account.

I will not be responding to you personally anymore, we have both had one comment and one rebuttal now between us, and I feel that this issue has run it's course, and is a waste of site resources.  I hope you understand and respect that, but somehow I don't think you will.  However, I would be delighted if you would prove me wrong about this!  I am glad this is on the top of topic list too, for the time being, and hope this entire thread gets pulled soon.

Wiley:

Hi CB!

Apparently you failed to do your research! If you had researched my comments, you would know, I don't need your tips!

Here is a list you published:

Some of the repeated questions are:

- I'm getting Error 130
- How do I make my EA just do 1 order per day
- My loop to close orders isn't working reliably
- How do I know if an order is closed
- How do I use magic numbers
- How do I pass data between EAs or persist data when my EA shuts down
- How do I protect my EA from prying eyes (and decompilers)

Now none of these people asking questions are being targeted for embarrassment by you are they? Baloney!

You are starting to burn up more site resources with content not related to MQL4 than the people you are targeting, who at least ask questions that other newbies might be asking too. And some of the people you are influencing are posting links for the benefit of people asking questions... however, in some of those cases, the links do not actually lead to an answer to the specific question, and this simply misleads people who might actually answer the question to think it has already been answered. So when the newbie doesn't get a question actually answered, and instead is ridiculed in the process of asking a question.... well you and your friends are likely to have the site to yourself if you keep it up, and I hope the real site administrators here take note of this, and put a stop to this site vigilantism of yours. I guess we will all see who really runs this site and what they feel is important to post... maybe you win, maybe it is time for you to move on to other "issues."

Don't bother replying to me personally anymore. To try to prevent this, I am going to repeat, I have made a point, and feel it should rest at that... my two cents worth, unless you feel compelled to harass me for rendering an opinion.... and that would be typical of a site vigilante or Internet bully if you like.

No one should be embarrassed for asking a question about MQL4 here. It is in MetaQuotes Corporations best interests to promote their product, and to attract and service as many new users as they can, and I hope they don't lose sight of this on your account.

I will not be responding to you personally anymore, we have both had one comment and one rebuttal now between us, and I feel that this issue has run it's course, and is a waste of site resources. I hope you understand and respect that, but somehow I don't think you will. However, I would be delighted if you would prove me wrong about this! I am glad this is on the top of topic list too, for the time being, and hope this entire thread gets pulled soon.

you are writing dumb stuff.

who is answering the most questions in the forum ?

people like CB, Phy and all the others or Rosh ?

meikel:

you are writing dumb stuff.

who is answering the most questions in the forum ?

people like CB, Phy and all the others or Rosh ?

They have done a very professional job of it too, long before you or CB came along to bandy your egos about, and make the site comfortable for you, as you see it, and not in the interest of assisting newbies climb the learning curve.

Wiley:

They have done a very professional job of it too, long before you or CB came along to bandy your egos about, and make the site comfortable for you, as you see it, and not in the interest of assisting newbies climb the learning curve.

another dumb answer.

yes, rosh and the developers have had a lot of work with writing the docs etc.

and your favourate friends, the dumb newbies are spitting on this work and not reading this and posting their dumb and lazy questions in the forum.

so what is your point ?

meikel:

another dumb answer.

yes, rosh and the developers have had a lot of work with writing the docs etc.

and your favourate friends, the dumb newbies are spitting on this work and not reading this and püosting their dumb and lazy questions in the forum.

so what is your point ?

Vigilante's always exaggerate their issues, to justify abusing others... keep it up!

Now, you and I have had one statement, and one rebuttal, between us... time to move on, right?

meikel wrote >>

another dumb answer.

yes, rosh and the developers are have had a lot of work with writing the docs etc.

and your favourate friends, the dumb newbies are spitting on this work.

Wiley

Please give it a rest already. You are starting to sound like the internet bully you refer to and in the process you are risking loosing a great contributor to this forum. I am ready to learn from someone like CB any day of the week. At the same time I fully understand his frustration about laziness. CB is one of the people (among others on this forum) that is always answering questions and he is always ready to help. All he asks is the person doing the asking is willing to help himself in the process. Nobody on this forum (including the newbies) are babies that need everything done for them.

i have no problem if you move on very far away.

in the last weeks i have read more answers from CB, Phy and all the others than answers of you.

and in spite of the fact that some of them are bored, they delivered answers to people who are really want to learn and not simply wanting to play wasicu games.

" Nobody on this forum (including the newbies) are babies that need everything done for them."

your perception is totally different to mine.

i have read questions which could be answered by a 12 year old child.

Reason: