*** PLEASE SEARCH BEFORE POSTING *** - page 4

sivapaul:

Your site Search is Not Good.

Do you know?

My word, sivapaul, you've got a point. The forum does indeed need some categorization/organization.

Seems none of us have realized this. Darn! How could we have missed it?

Please stick around and be our "eyes and ears".

CB

cloudbreaker wrote >>

My word, sivapaul, you've got a point. The forum does indeed need some categorization/organization.

Seems none of us have realized this. Darn! How could we have missed it?

Please stick around and be our "eyes and ears".

CB

Yes. I have used this site years before, If I remember correctly, search was good that time. And I also lost my previous posts. Now the search is not so userfriendly.

To All

FYI - 'Search' is working today - so lets keep using it :)

-BB-

Yet again Tut tut.

And 'Search' is still working today - but... is it being used?

Just a friendly 'boing' to remind people to

*** PLEASE SEARCH BEFORE POSTING ***

-BB-

Many people have complained here about the forum being linear. It is true that this is not the most "feature rich" forum around. But that is exactly why I love it so much! If you start checking it daily you can actually follow pretty well the conversations going on.

Now, I do believe that a Wiki would be much better for what we want to achieve here. With a structure where one could create pages with the different questions and people could contribute to build some sort of unofficial doc/help.

There are many wiki systems around and it is not hard to start one. But I must admit I would like to see something as simple as this forum on a Wiki style and will be more than happy with that.

So who should we "push" to try to get this done???

Best

> So who should we "push" to try to get this done???

Any of the authors of the 'stickies' on the first page

Although with MT5 coming up to public beta release, probably best not to hold your breath :)

-BB-

Just another friendly 'boing' to remind people to

*** PLEASE SEARCH BEFORE POSTING ***

Many posts recently would have been more.. focussed after a bit of searching...

-BB-

Agreed.

The reason we're so keen to search before posting is in order to make things as easy as possible for everyone by minimising the number of duplicate/similar posts in a forum that is already somewhat "structurally challenged".

The more people who think "I can't be bothered looking, I'll just ask the question", the more complex the forum becomes.

Good questions will remain unanswered. And those that are answered will be answered with terse responses, from folks who are racing through the many duplicates, instead of by a single comprehensive answer which would become a good future reference.

I've started spending less time on the forum lately and this is one of the reasons. Another reason is the vast number of people who want to talk about anything other than MQL programming. Yesterday I received a PM from someone wanting to be mentored. I gave him some pointers, only to receive a response this morning in which he stated that he doesn't have a strategy and just places trades randomly. Whilst any of us could automate that non-strategy, it serves to frustrate me further about the number of people who arrive on the forum with nothing to offer either as a strategist or a programmer, and no willingness to learn. I guess I should be surprised that these "random collections of body parts" actually made it out of bed to use their computer. Perhaps they didn't.

CB

Reason: