Share my profitable EA -- Steady Growth - page 6

Ruptor:

Hi Kelly running control points on same period is completely different this you could call growth.

Maybe you should try and mimic its behaviour.

hi, Ruptor

i believe your report and my report in the same broker shall be the same ~~

have u download 5 minutes data, everytime when u close the chart, or close mt4, it will save the bar data to .hst ~ ~

And u can judge the hst file's integrity after the test by the Mismatched charts errors

how many Mismatched charts errors do your testing have?

attached sth, i don't know whether it is useful for u

https://www.mql5.com/en/articles/1407

Files:

I remember i test on IBFX before, and the result of Alpari (RU) is better than IBFX

but please reember to set the broker_GMT to be 0 when testing IBFX

kelly:

I remember i test on IBFX before, and the result of Alpari (RU) is better than IBFX

but please reember to set the broker_GMT to be 0 when testing IBFX

My results seem ok on IBFX and I have set GMT=0. Here is report on Alpari using control points.

Files:
sgctrl.zip  19 kb

Here is Alpari every tick run. You need to make it run like control points to be a good EA.

Files:
sgetik.zip  19 kb

Hi, Ruptor

when is the above 2 testing period of Alpari ?

also i may not test in the correct time as different time, there are different spread

Spread

1.5 – 2.8 pips - from 08:00 till 22:00
2.8 – 4 pips - from 22:00 till 08:00

http://alpari-forex.com/en/cspec/classic/EURGBP.html

do u know when backtesting, mt4 haven't record the historical ask price?

the ask price only is the recorded bid + live trading spread which in the time you are testing

u may run on live at a demo also

Thanks for provide opinion

Hi Kelly

All the Alpari tests are on a live account back test. For some reason the I messed up the posting of the html report and they are on a different computer at another location but I will post them to the gifs this afternoon. Here are more Alpari tests of control points and every tick respectively with reports hopefully.

You can see the graphs are of a similar shape but on every tick it does more trades and loses more so it would be a good idea to improve the entry condition.

Won't take report files so I zipped them up. A bit strange that an MT4 site won't let you attach MT4 reports.

Files:
reports.zip  21 kb

Hey Kelly

What's your take on my results then or have you gone back to the drawing board?

Ruptor:

Hey Kelly

hi, Ruptor

yes, i have say

" if u want to have quicker backtest speed, please select "Control points" for the Model, as it is not big difference with using EveryTick Mode, but the Speed improve a lot"

at previous post~

maybe i will test it on the weekend, and tell u how differnet between Control Point and Every tick

The name of my EA "Steady Growth" just express it's target, but no the result !

so i am not responsible for anything ! But i can sure the Stop loss is equal or below 15 pips

by the way, i don't know why i can't edit the post which in page 1 now,so i can't attach your report eben if u are right

maybe it cause by reach the maximum time of editing

also i have send a message to u, and i don't know why I have 640 mismatched chart error of it ~ ~

kelly:

by Steady Grthe way the name of my EA "Steady Growth" just express it's target, but no the result !

so i am not responsible for anything !

the actual result on live account

Oh! I see perhaps you mean steady growth of debt.

by the way, i don't know why i can't edit the post which in page 1 now, i also want to change the backtest result in my attachment of first post, which using your backtest report !

maybe it reach the maximum time of editing

Yes that's what a thread is all about the latest information is at the end not the start.

also i have send a message to u, and i don't know why I have 640 mismatched chart error of it ~ ~

No message received here. I did tests on a live Alpari account so the history data is better quality hence only mismatches occur at start.

Ruptor:

Hey Kelly

your result just run for (2009.06.01 - 2009.07.16)

the period is too short to test a EA performance, please test it for longer period ~ ~

by the way, do u know how to remove the mismatched charts error?

better use quotes of Alpari-RU = Alpari-RU, they provide their own quotes at history Centre(press F2 in MT4)

MetaQuotes price not follow tight with market/ alpari.

for price not follow tight, e.g. when alpari move 8pips, it move 4pips only ~ ~

Reason: