Share my profitable EA -- Steady Growth - page 3

kelly:

Hi, simthegreat

thanks for your admire~ ~

u shall be aware the Capital letter and small letter

hi kelly, they are all capitals, infact i left it as it is and just dragged it to EURGBP, changed time to 1.0 for forex.com broker, i get error straight away! in screenshots i got it 3secs after activating EA

simthegreat:

hi kelly, they are all capitals, infact i left it as it is and just dragged it to EURGBP, changed time to 1.0 for forex.com broker, i get error straight away! in screenshots i got it 3secs after activating EA

simthegreat wrote >>

hi, simthegreat

just type the parameter sybol to be "EURGBPFXF"

after attach a picture, it clarify where the mistake is ~~

kelly:

hi, simthegreat

just type the parameter sybol to be "EURGBPFXF"

after attach a picture, it clarify where the mistake is ~~

thank you so much my friend :)

strategy tester does not work for it however? i've tried visual and non visual, how do i know the EA is operating properly! i am very interested in understanding the strategy? is it scalping with price following the main indicator?

thanks so much ^^

simthegreat wrote >>

thank you so much my friend :)

strategy tester does not work for it however? i've tried visual and non visual, how do i know the EA is operating properly! i am very interested in understanding the strategy? is it scalping with price following the main indicator?

thanks so much ^^

strategy tester does not work --> what are the error message of the tester say? (to see it, please click the 'Journal' Tab in Tester at the bottom

by the way, what's your definition of scalping?

my EA take profit is about 3-6 point, SL usually 14 point

kelly:

strategy tester does not work --> what are the error message of the tester say? (to see it, please click the 'Journal' Tab in Tester at the bottom

by the way, what's your definition of scalping?

my EA take profit is about 3-6 point, SL usually 14 point

my definition of scalping is just scalping at small profits in a short term, intraday manner?

With strategy tester, results and graph is all blank. Report is all blank, journal only states following:

simthegreat wrote >>

my definition of scalping is just scalping at small profits in a short term, intraday manner?

With strategy tester, results and graph is all blank. Report is all blank, journal only states following:

First, please set broker_GMT to 0, as u use forex.com

Second : because there are no history data, u shall try it serveral times by clicking the start buttom

Hi Kelly

I have tried everything you suggested. DEP already in the correct state so I tried "z" version of dll but no luck. Does anybody else have the same problem? I should add I have tried the code on two different computers with the same result but they are both running XP sp2

Thanks

thanks kelly. i tried what you said, here is the journal statement every time i conduct a test

2009.07.13 19:49:09 Steady Growth _Beta_Issued_EURGBP_15MIN inputs: broker_GMT=0;

I got this maybe 10 times, before I tried optimization, which yielded this result:

2009.07.13 19:51:38 There were 6 passes done during optimization, 6 results have been discarded as insignificant

2009.07.13 19:51:38 Steady Growth _Beta_Issued_EURGBP_15MIN: optimization stopped

2009.07.13 19:51:28 Steady Growth _Beta_Issued_EURGBP_15MIN: optimization started

Thank you, this all looks too confusing, why 6 results??

simthegreat wrote >>

hi, please untick the box of optimization in Tester
Reason: