Help solving my MetaEditor problem

Hello,

I have a serious problem with my MetaEditor. I had 2 MT4 installed on my computer (Fxpro, FxOpen). After I installed a third one from InstaForex, the MetaEditor started to give me message like "could not launch the compiler". I first posted a thread here, and someone advice me to uninstalled all the MT4 and reinstalled them, what I did. I discovered that after each reinstallation the MetaEditor was working perfectly and after a few uses, it was started to give the same message again.

There's one other thing I've discovered. After an installation, I noticed that all the files was there on the Fxpro's folder, but as soon as the MetaEditor stated to give message: "could not launch the compiler", when I went look inside the MT4 folder, I noticed that the file "metalang" is missing. Then I deleted the MetaEditor application from the folder, repaired the MT4 using by reinstalling it. This time I make a copy of the metalang file to a different folder. After a few uses, the MetaEditor started to give the same message. I went look inside the MT4 folder, the file metalang was missing; I went to the backup folder to copy it, but guess what? It was missing there too.

I don't get it. Can someone propose me a permanent solution to fix this please? Each time I reinstalled the MT4 I need to re-donwload the data, to test my EAs, so you can imagine how frustrating this can be. This time I zipped the metalang file and put the zip file in a backup folder.

I appreciate any help.

Regards,

Emmanuel

Hi Descaboy

I have four different brokers running on my machines and never seen that problem but I am running XP SP2 because it seems to be reliable for MT4. Perhaps it is your antivirus software because it does seem odd that it would delete files from other directories like something is searching your whole machine to locate the lang file.

Ruptor:

Hi Descaboy

I have four different brokers running on my machines and never seen that problem but I am running XP SP2 because it seems to be reliable for MT4. Perhaps it is your antivirus software because it does seem odd that it would delete files from other directories like something is searching your whole machine to locate the lang file.

Hi Ruptor,

You're right! I made a scan with my pc tool antivirus, and it found the file metalang infected. Here's what the log is saying:

PC Tools AntiVirus Report
PC Tools AntiVirus Activity Report
Generated on: 7/8/2009 11:07:23 PM

Scan Information:

Object Name Status Action Infection Date and Time

C:\PROGRAM FILES\FXPRO METATRADER\METALANG.EXE Infected Quarantined mutant: Packed/Themida.RGa 7/8/2009 11:12:03 PM

Now my only problem is that I don't know if this infection is for real.

Hi Descaboy

I think it is better to know you are infected than to die in ignorance :)

You need one of my bug killing machines. I call mine pathogen disruptors but otthers have different variation and call them Rife machines or zappers.

Hi Friends,

Probably antivirus data base update is required.

Descaboy, please check date of last update.

Best regards,

Ais

Ais:

Hi Friends,

Probably antivirus data base update is required.

Descaboy, please check date of last update.

Best regards,

Ais

Hi,

I updated my antivirus just before the scan. Thank you all for your support

Descaboy

Reason: