DataCenter connecting failed [6], unknown command C6?

I've been using the ALPARI UK Demo for a few months now and this is the first time I came across this error. My journal has the following lines (they repeat a few times):

DataCenter connecting failed [6]
unknown command C6
login

The expert that was running during this stopped working, but did not report any errors to the log, it just froze. What I'd like to know is:

1. Is this a Demo server specific problem, or can these kind of connection problems happen in Live server?

2. How do I avoid these problems? How do I check for this situation in my code?

3. And if somebody could explain just what the problem is (connection problem, other...)?

I have all the regular checks in my code like IsConnected(), etc. but NONE of them logged anything, it's like these errors caused the expert to wait indefinitely...

anybody?

Just for guess, try to recompile your expert. If you compiled it with old build and upgraded your terminal, probably could be problem.

Roger:
Just for guess, try to recompile your expert. If you compiled it with old build and upgraded your terminal, probably could be problem.

No, that's not it. I always use the latest version, and recompile with the latest. I'm really surprised there is nothing in the documentation about this error... Any other idea?

The error is EA stopper!

I think Rosh or one of the administrator should put light to this ambiguity now. It is kidding...

It also prevent EA to detect possible positve trade signals talkless of sending order to the server...

Pls Rosh what is happening.

asiko79:

The error is EA stopper!

I think Rosh or one of the administrator should put light to this ambiguity now. It is kidding...

It also prevent EA to detect possible positve trade signals talkless of sending order to the server...

Pls Rosh what is happening.

Yes it is. I almost forgot about this error... but it still bothers me in the back of mind. Although it only happened on DEMO server and not in a LIVE account, it disables certain aspects of experts - i am not even sure which. My expert writes tick data to a file among other things... The funny thing is that although the expert stopped working after this error happened (i mean it did not open/close orders and nothing was written to log...) it still wrote tick data to file. So obviously the connection was still good (there were NO IsConnect() problems...).

If anybody can please shed light on this error I would much appreciate it. I searched the web for this and still have no answers... I'd like to know:

1. What this error means?

2. When does it occur and why?

3. How to avoid/solve this error?

gordon wrote >>

Yes it is. I almost forgot about this error... but it still bothers me in the back of mind. Although it only happened on DEMO server and not in a LIVE account, it disables certain aspects of experts - i am not even sure which. My expert writes tick data to a file among other things... The funny thing is that although the expert stopped working after this error happened (i mean it did not open/close orders and nothing was written to log...) it still wrote tick data to file. So obviously the connection was still good (there were NO IsConnect() problems...).

If anybody can please shed light on this error I would much appreciate it. I searched the web for this and still have no answers... I'd like to know:

1. What this error means?

2. When does it occur and why?

3. How to avoid/solve this error?

I have the same problem with LIVE account.

if you found a solution please let me know...

thanks.

I "found" a solution a few weeks ago - a solution only in the sense that I don't have this problem any more. I started trading off a server in the UK with <5ms latency to my broker and >99.99% uptime and the problem disappeared completely. When I connect from my current location (that has about ~300 latency and many internet drops) I have this error message quite frequently. So my conclusion is that this error is associated with a bad internet connection to the broker's server. I recommend u find a better and faster (latency wise) internet connection or move your trading to a server / VPS near your broker. Good luck!

But the Server is not always have this problem

And some time is canot connect for few hour!

I already using data centre for internet connection

is the Any command to reconnect to server

OR try another server to connect!

???Please Help!

Thank U

klam2404:

But the Server is not always have this problem

And some time is canot connect for few hour!

I already using data centre for internet connection

is the Any command to reconnect to server

OR try another server to connect!

If u are getting the above mentioned errors then I recommend u switch to a better internet connection (or move your trading to a VPS near your broker). If u insist on attempting a reconnect, see here -> https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/124823.

Thank A Lot!

Reason: